Lump caused by injections.

AlicePalace

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi. I have a big lump on my tummy from 9 and a half years of injecting. It is quite swollen and a bit numb in places. Has anyone else had one before and has it gone away. I have had for over a year and it's still the same size.

Have you been injecting in the same spot a lot? It’s important to rotate your sites and don’t inject near the lump. Have you shown it to a doctor or nurse for advice?

I'm not on injections anymore I have a pump now. My gp looked at it and referred me to have an ultrasound scan on it but the scan came back clear. I havent seen my diabetes doctor this year yet my last appointment was supposed to be in May but it was cancelled. My mum phoned the nurse last week and I am on the waiting list for an appointment

I'm not on injections anymore I have a pump now. My gp looked at it and referred me to have an ultrasound scan on it but the scan came back clear. I havent seen my diabetes doctor this year yet my last appointment was supposed to be in May but it was cancelled. My mum phoned the nurse last week and I am on the waiting list for an appointment
If something about the lump is worrying you then you can always go back to your GP whilst you wait

I had a cannula site that became lumpy and very sore when I changed to a new insulin. I did get it checked and ended up with antibiotics. I do make sure that I rotate my cannula sites, in the same way as I needed to for injection sites.

I hope that you get an appointment.

Yea. It's been the same size for about a year and a half that's how long I have had my pump

It does sound like I have it. It's been there for a year and a half it's still the same size it does feel rubbery I don't put my cannulas on it if I need to do a correction by injections I avoid the lump.

I think someone reported that massage can help with Lipohypertrophy, to reduce the lumpiness and something that should be easy to do yourself as it is an easily accessible place.

It is worth trying. Use some moisturiser or baby oil to lubricate the skin and gently rub and palpate it regularly.

Back