lowest i've ever been!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiv

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
1.8 😱😱😱 only a few mins ago!!

i was watching some tv online, whilst lying on my bed. this is approx 3 hours post lunch. lunch was steak, sliced potatoes in cream/herbs/garlic and some broccoli. i was pretty hungry and had a lot of potatoes. it was homemade and i was stupid, so i didn't weigh the potatoes (i am usually not too far off on my guesstimations).

anyway - i had drifted off, woke up and felt a bit 'funny'. what worried me was that i fell over when i stood up to reach for my testing kit. and yup, a lovely 1.8.

i'm alone today as my OH is away. i judged that i could make it down the stairs, so i grabbed some juice, glugged it, and brought some left over dessert up here with me.

i don't feel too bad, my breathing is still a bit funny and my back is lovely and sweaty :D and i am shaking like a LEAF. i'm 3.6 now and i'm sure i will come up more than that. i am expecting a lovely rebound high!

edit: i'm guessing the reason for the high is that the sliced potatoes peaked way before the insulin.

1.8 😱😱😱 only a few mins ago!!

i was watching some tv online, whilst lying on my bed. this is approx 3 hours post lunch. lunch was steak, sliced potatoes in cream/herbs/garlic and some broccoli. i was pretty hungry and had a lot of potatoes. it was homemade and i was stupid, so i didn't weigh the potatoes (i am usually not too far off on my guesstimations).

anyway - i had drifted off, woke up and felt a bit 'funny'. what worried me was that i fell over when i stood up to reach for my testing kit. and yup, a lovely 1.8.

i'm alone today as my OH is away. i judged that i could make it down the stairs, so i grabbed some juice, glugged it, and brought some left over dessert up here with me.

i don't feel too bad, my breathing is still a bit funny and my back is lovely and sweaty :D and i am shaking like a LEAF. i'm 3.6 now and i'm sure i will come up more than that. i am expecting a lovely rebound high!

edit: i'm guessing the reason for the high is that the sliced potatoes peaked way before the insulin.

Ouch - you take it easy for a bit.

Wow! Glad to hear that you managed to keep it together to treat it - try and have some hypo treatment stuff in every room so you don't have to negotiate stairs in future! I have little pots of jelly babies all over the house 🙂

I've had a couple below 2 and they usually leave me with a bad hangover-type headache for a few hours after I've recovered. Hope you are back to normal levels soon and don't suffer any rebounds 🙂

Wow! Glad to hear that you managed to keep it together to treat it - try and have some hypo treatment stuff in every room so you don't have to negotiate stairs in future! I have little pots of jelly babies all over the house 🙂

northe - i am usually way more organised than this, it's a bit of a long story as to why my 200ml cartons of oj are in Weymouth and not in my bedroom!!

i'm 6.4 🙂 i know that it will rise more - i have stuffed my face with rhubarb and custard.

thanks for caring everyone. so often we are left to deal with these things alone, it's the biggest comfort i could have knowing you are here.

Hope you dnt get too many post-hypo problems, I always get a mahusive headache x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back