Lowered my Gloucose

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsonlyme

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi don’t post much and not very good with grammar so please excuse me.

Changed my diet 6 weeks ago to these foods below and some others like apples grapes any fruit really. And wanted to share my result my last hba1c was 57 after changing my diets to ones I mentioned it’s now gone down to 50 plus t cholesterol and other bloods are now normal.

steak pork mushrooms with cheese and garlic fry-up all sorts not sure what everything is my wife cooks and eat it loll. But yes so far so good got another test in December

But I was in a group on Facebook who kept telling me these foods are bad and having a go at me so thought I would see what you think here please. My nurse is very happy with me

Attachments

• IMG_3628.jpeg
    IMG_3628.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3558.jpeg
    IMG_3558.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3505.jpeg
    IMG_3505.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3165.jpeg
    IMG_3165.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3338.jpeg
    IMG_3338.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3144.jpeg
    IMG_3144.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3099.jpeg
    IMG_3099.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2978.jpeg
    IMG_2978.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
To be honest without knowing what on earth those pictures represent, eg 3 sausages, some baked beans and something else, but with no helpful description or even either a carbohydrate count or before and after fingerprick blood test results, I couldn't comment. However - it's obviously suited your body so far. Hence so far, so good.

Whether it's enough for longer I wouldn't even hazard a guess.

To be honest without knowing what on earth those pictures represent, eg 3 sausages, some baked beans and something else, but with no helpful description or even either a carbohydrate count or before and after fingerprick blood test results, I couldn't comment. However - it's obviously suited your body so far. Hence so far, so good.

Whether it's enough for longer I wouldn't even hazard a guess.
steak pork mushrooms with cheese and garlic fry-up all sorts not sure what everything is my wife cooks and eat it loll. But yes so far so good got another test in December PS i don't do carbohydrate count.

Things are obviously going in the right direction with the changes that you have made. well done on the reduction that you have already achieved in HbA1c.

I sometimes find it irritating when I am given ‘advice‘ on whether I should be eating certain things, however I know how little I knew at diagnosis so I generally smile and tell them my only issue is working out how much insulin I need.

To find out what foods/portion sizes your body can tolerate, making the insulin needed for that, it can be useful to know how many carbs you are eating (weighing foods, reading packets, …) alongside Blood glucose values before and two hours after a meal. It is then possible to make swaps, reduce portions and or increase levels of activity to alter glucose values. I was amazed at the impact of just following the advice of don’t sit down for 15 minutes after a meal.

I'm the opposite @itsonlyme and count carbs like they are going out of fashion! It's what works for you that matters. Everyone is different and even in carbs there are some which some people can tolerate and not others. For example, a couple of potatoes don't seem to harm me, but white bread spikes me something wicked. So it's a question of finding out what you can eat, not anyone else. I used to monitor my BG before and 2 hours after every meal so I could see what works, but now I just know what to avoid and what I can eat! Well done on your good results so far 🙂

Hi there.

No 1, nothing wrong with your grammar, so you shouldn’t feel like you can’t post.

No 2, stay off facebook… those guys are brutal and will make you question all of your life choices if you let them.

Hi there.

No 1, nothing wrong with your grammar, so you shouldn’t feel like you can’t post.

No 2, stay off facebook… those guys are brutal and will make you question all of your life choices if you let them.
Thank you and your right them groups are not nice.

I'm the opposite @itsonlyme and count carbs like they are going out of fashion! It's what works for you that matters. Everyone is different and even in carbs there are some which some people can tolerate and not others. For example, a couple of potatoes don't seem to harm me, but white bread spikes me something wicked. So it's a question of finding out what you can eat, not anyone else. I used to monitor my BG before and 2 hours after every meal so I could see what works, but now I just know what to avoid and what I can eat! Well done on your good results so far 🙂
Just seen your what you have done in just s few years thats great well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back