Low without knowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukjohn

Much Missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Very surprised at 5pm when I tested before eating my tea, I was 2.9. I had no idea I was hypo, had no shakes the strange thing was I did'nt even feel low, I felt fine, I have never been that low before, I think my lowest has been 3.5, so I rechecked but still showed up 2.9. Anyone else ever been that low without knowing.

John.

Very surprised at 5pm when I tested before eating my tea, I was 2.9. I had no idea I was hypo, had no shakes the strange thing was I did'nt even feel low, I felt fine, I have never been that low before, I think my lowest has been 3.5, so I rechecked but still showed up 2.9. Anyone else ever been that low without knowing.

John.

Yes John, it's happened to me several times, although the symptoms are usually starting to show themselves and the funny thing is that once I have tested and seen how low I am the symptoms suddenly become much worse! Generally, if it is just before a meal I think I don't really feel it coming on because it is falling very slowly - at other times it is falling much quicker because I have miscalculated insulin and food intake/activity levels.

hi there john how are your levels now??, if im high i sometimes dont know i just feel totally fine , not until i test do i realise im so high.

Yep it does happen John, and that's what make my trousers brown, and why I'm never comfortable in the 4's! Well it keeps us on our toes don't it!

Hope you don't do this too often!

Take care

Rossi🙂

Hey, yeah I get this all the time aswell I'm regularly in the 1.odds and don't have a clue. It's only when someone points out that I'm singing or being daft and manages to get me to agree to a glucose check that I know lol. xx

Hey, yeah I get this all the time aswell I'm regularly in the 1.odds and don't have a clue. It's only when someone points out that I'm singing or being daft and manages to get me to agree to a glucose check that I know lol. xx

😱 1.something??? i hate being that low. it's when i hit the low 2's i start to feel like my legs can't hold me up.

😱 1.something??? i hate being that low. it's when i hit the low 2's i start to feel like my legs can't hold me up.

I've had a couple of 1.x's. I had really apparent symptoms that I was perfectly aware of but was trying to ignore! I did sort myself eventually, but reluctantly!😱

Yes that's happened to me. My husband, Paul, came home from work one day to find me sitting in the chair looking a bit dazed. He asked what was for tea and I said "don't know" He then suggested he go and get chips from chippy. I said "Yes ok but what's Paul going to have?" He said "I'm Paul!" In my hypo world I didn't know who he was but if he was going to the chippy he must be a good sort! Needless to say he then started pouring lucozade down my throat!!! Not funny at the time though.

Hi John,

This has happened to me a few times it tends to happen when I'm not doing much because you don't realise as quickly as if you were busy. When I check it though and I am without being aware I find that as soon as I see the reading my body finally decides to tell me it's hypoing.

Emma

Being in the 1's scares me witless, I have no shame in saying. The couple of times that's happened have been HORRID experiences.

An account of my 'favourite' which happened whilst I was working a show:

http://instructionsni.blogspot.com/2009/07/going-down.html

I was down to 2.8 last night, and hadn't even noticed beyond being tired. But I'd put that down to the fact I'd come from my dance class.

An hour later and I'm up at 10....😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back