Low sugar alarm ineffective for Librelinkup on new S24+

skepticlama

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,

I'm experiencing this issue and I wonder if others have seen the same, and if they managed to find a solution.

I am connected to my partner's Libre 3 via Librelinkup. I had to replace my old S20+ with a new S24+, and on this new phone the low sugar alarm is just a standard Android notification sound: brief and easy to miss. I can adjust the volume, but it's not much help since I need a proper long and loud alarm so I can hear it even if I'm not close to the phone in a quiet room.

I called Abbott customer service but they're useless as usual. They said to adjust the volume and that's it.

I submitted a feature request to them for adding a custom selection of the alarm sound, which is still missing in the app in 2024 (wtf!).

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how are you managing it?

Thank you🙂

I am having the same problem. Just changed to a Samsung S23FE. All I get is a notification bing. Have you been able to chang to an alternative notification tone? The alarm was a shocker, but now I am afraid I won't wake up if my son goes hypo....
I only changed phones today. No contact to Abbott yet.

@skepticlama have you thought about using another app such as Gluroo? That links up to the Librelinkup as well but the notification for low or high is a prolonged sound which increases over time.

Back