Low reservoir warning - how long have I got left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello

I just had my first low reservoir warning. Does anyone have an idea how long I have got left before it runs out completely? I am at work and have just had a carb free lunch to be able to check my afternoon basal rate. Will it last out until I get home? My basal rate is roughly 0.500 per hour.

Thanks

Rachel

Just found the menu and checked. It alarms with 20 units remaining so plenty left to be able to continue the basal checking without having to do a set change.

Just found the menu and checked. It alarms with 20 units remaining so plenty left to be able to continue the basal checking without having to do a set change.

I was just going to suggest the same. But by the time I signed in you answered your own question.

Carol's pump alarms at 20u too.

You can set the pump to alarm at the level to suit your own needs.
The 20 units is a factory setting.

I have some bad news for you re your basal testing though.
It's a complete waste of time if you have eaten anything at all.
Protein and fats will affect the result.
Look at the top of the forum for a link to basal testing 🙂
You also do not need to change your cannula on the same day as a cartridge change 🙂

Hope you are enjoying your pump.

On Medtronic pumps, if you hit the back arrow, it should give you loads of info - including how long (in hours/minutes I think) your reservoir will last.

You can set the pump to alarm at the level to suit your own needs.
The 20 units is a factory setting.

I have some bad news for you re your basal testing though.
It's a complete waste of time if you have eaten anything at all.
Protein and fats will affect the result.
Look at the top of the forum for a link to basal testing 🙂
You also do not need to change your cannula on the same day as a cartridge change 🙂

Hope you are enjoying your pump.

Ah, I did not realise that. My blood sugar went up from 8.0 to 12.4 so I think I am going to up my basal level based on that, and I will test it again next week to see if it is any better.

Ah, I did not realise that. My blood sugar went up from 8.0 to 12.4 so I think I am going to up my basal level based on that, and I will test it again next week to see if it is any better.

You might just find the rise was due to your lunch so don't be to hasty in making any changes.
Make sure you have plenty of water and glucose handy for a no food meal time.
Personally I found it very hard to do my 1st missed meal basal test as had to trust the pump and myself. Once the deed was done I found it a lot easier to just skip meals.

Thanks Shiv didnt know that ! :D Next time alarm goes will have a look.

Have a look now, Hobie - from what I recall, it tells you things like battery life, reservoir info, basal rate, last bolus too I think...it's a handy screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back