Low GI rolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had them, pre being diabetic and they taste nice, they're full of sunflower/other seeds.
Lidl's website has nutritional information:

Typical values per 100g: Energy 295kcal/1240kJ; Fat 8.5g, of which saturates 1.1g, Carbohydrates 44.9g, of which sugar 4.2g; Fibre 8.4g; Protein 14g, Salt 0.78g.

but I'm not sure how much a roll weights. 44.9g of carbs per 100g is probably more than I'd want to eat at the moment.

I'm afraid that for many people the 'low GI' foods are not very different from higher ones.
Lidl used to do a low carb roll, only 9 gm of carb, but they discontinued them, even though they sold well.

The way something is categorised as low, medium, high GI is a laboratory determination and not really how something is treated by the human stomach which will depend on an individuals gut bacteria and digestive enzymes.
Nutritional information is not very precise and is often an extrapolation rather than actual quantitative analysis.

Low GI works.
There are a few naysayers on here, but just try them for yourself.
Everyone is different, every carb is different.

As I have yet to find a low GI food which resists my digestive capabilities, I can't see how 'low GI works' has any meaning. Do test - if you find foods you can eat without causing spikes add it to your menu but I found more things to cross off than to continue including when checking blood glucose levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back