Low G.I Yoghurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaine_Owen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all can you tell me which low g.i yoghurts you eat? i really love yoghurts but not sure which ones to go for.
Thanks Elaine🙂

Hi Elaine,

I don't know if they are low GI, but I like the Onken biopot yoghurts, also muller lights. I usually have them with a meal, so the glycaemic load is lower.

Hi Elaine,

I don't know if they are low GI, but I like the Onken biopot yoghurts, also muller lights. I usually have them with a meal, so the glycaemic load is lower.

yes those onken biopots are soo delicious x

Is there not a load of sugar in Onken? 19g per 100g or am I being too strict?

Ceara

You have to watch anything low fat in the yoghurt department as it often has more sugar.

Best suggestion is to read the nutritional bits on the pots as that tells you how many carbs and how much sugar

Hi Most yoghurts are high in sugar, especially the childrens ones, they seem to be all sugar. Muller Lights are ok as yoghurst go, I haven't tried the Onken ones will have a look later and and so long as they haven't got 'bits' in my daughter will eat them!!

it is the sugar and the fat that makes them more appealing.

As an adult i am trying to reducate my taste buds to like things with less or zero fat and sugar. I know we need some, just not as much as we have.

i like muller light yogurts and i like the weight watchers vanilla and toffee ones (half price at sainsburys at the moment!)

I'm going to try making my own yoghurts at weekend. Then I can add what fruit I like and no sugar!

sounds great idea let us know what they taste like Caroline x

muller and onken for me. tried to make my own but it tasted horrid so i didnt eat them lol

silly man trying to make something for himself
bound to end horribly

hahahaha im a very good cook normally!!!!!! i usually do all the cooking when im at home as the otherhalf hates cooking.

blimey mine tryed turning the oven on and wondered where the plates went

Sometimes make my own from scratch but tend to use very low fat natural yoghurt and berries - tastes strange when you are used to the Mullerlight variety (which I love but have a poor effect on my blood glucose) but now I really like it. There is a brand I can get from my local Budgens that is low fat and has no added sugar

Caroline, if home made tastes a bit "tart" you could try stirring in some artificial sweetener if needs be and if it is something you are willing to eat or for your family to eat.

hahahaha im a very good cook normally!!!!!! i usually do all the cooking when im at home as the otherhalf hates cooking.

I'm not too keen on cooking myself unless it's cakes. Hubby is a far better cook than me. Home made natural yoghurt needs something added to it to improve the flavour. Plain natural yghurt is an aingredient for all kinds of things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back