low carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammy1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi has anybody used the Low carb company on the web for anything good and bad reviews thanks

I've used https://lowcarbfood.co/ and I love the seeded rolls. I take one to work everyday with different fillings. They're the best ones that I have found and I have tried quite a few from different companies. All low carb bread takes a bit of getting used to and some I find really spongy and I don't find them very nice. But that's just my opinion.

I've used https://lowcarbfood.co/ and I love the seeded rolls. I take one to work everyday with different fillings. They're the best ones that I have found and I have tried quite a few from different companies. All low carb bread takes a bit of getting used to and some I find really spongy and I don't find them very nice. But that's just my opinion.

I agree about the texture of low carb bread - it's sometimes more like cake than bread.

I make my own using spelt and bran and it's very nice, but the slices are tiny!

Hi Harbottle, unfortunately at the moment I have no inclination to cook whatsoever. Had meltdown in October and on happy pills which enables me to work but I get home and can't be bothered to do anything. Am going down to 4 days a week from 1st march so hope this and more daylight will help. Your bread does sound nice though.

Hi Harbottle, unfortunately at the moment I have no inclination to cook whatsoever. Had meltdown in October and on happy pills which enables me to work but I get home and can't be bothered to do anything. Am going down to 4 days a week from 1st march so hope this and more daylight will help. Your bread does sound nice though.

It's quite nice, 9g of carbs per slice - the ancient grains are used alongside almond flour to keep the carbs down.

It's the closed to 'real' bread I've made. The recipe is in a Caldesi cook book for low carb Italian recipes, and it's very easy to make - just throw the ingredients into a bowl, leave the dough to rise, then bake.

It's quite nice, 9g of carbs per slice - the ancient grains are used alongside almond flour to keep the carbs down.

It's the closed to 'real' bread I've made. The recipe is in a Caldesi cook book for low carb Italian recipes, and it's very easy to make - just throw the ingredients into a bowl, leave the dough to rise, then bake.
Have got one of the Caldesi books, not sure which but the others will be on Amazon, so will get it if I havent got it. The recipe sounds really good and easy, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back