Low carb pancakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdeleTurner72

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
With Shrove Tuesday round the corner, Does anyone have a recipe for low carb pancakes? 🙄

Hi, maybe not low carb but certainly better for you?
1 Cup wholemeal flour.
1 Tbsp - Baking powder
1/4 Tsp - Bi-carb Soda
1 Free Range egg
Sweetener to taste.
Handful of Blueberries.
Method: Mix everything together in a bowl then spoon into frying pan & make as per usual. Lovely with extra blueberries on top & Plain Greek yogurt. Recipe makes about 6 pancakes or add a little more milk to make them thinner. I worked it out to be approx. 15gms carbs if it makes 6

Sounds nice Terry. Thank you 🙂

Makes 10 small pancakes
60g full fat Philadelphia
75g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method
Put everything in a bowl and blend until smooth with a stick blender or electric whisk, let the mix stand for 10 minutes
Pour 2 tbsp. of the mix into a hot greased pan and fry until golden, flip and cook until golden x

Makes 10 small pancakes
75g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method
Put everything in a bowl and blend until smooth with a stick blender or electric whisk, let the mix stand for 10 minutes
Pour 2 tbsp. of the mix into a hot greased pan and fry until golden, flip and cook until golden x
Ooooo sounds delicious, thank you x

Not gonna try this tonight but I think I will have a late pancake day at the weekend. Sounds great!

I was about to make the usual recipe just with a bit less flour and only eat a couple, but then I saw Kaylz’ recipe. Are these American style or the usual type you have with lemon juice please?

I made 1 this morning with just cream cheese, 1 egg, vanilla extract & sweetener. Was a nightmare to flip, in fact it fell apart, but tasted lovely.

Makes 10 small pancakes
75g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method
Thank you so much for this recipe, made 5 medium ish delicious pancakes, yum!

Wow they seem to have been a real hit!! lol x

Did you use 60gm cream cheese as above Mark?
I think I probably used a bit more as I didn't weight it. Should've made 2 smaller ones rather than 1 big one.

I did half of Kaylz’ recipe as I only had one egg. I followed the instructions to use 2 tbsps of batter and ended up with 4 pancakes about 10cm diameter which were delicious with sugar free maple syrup. The almonds give them a slight crunch. They also tasted slightly cheesy before the addition of the syrup, I might add a bit of sweetener next time then they would be like scotch pancakes: good with butter.
Thanks Kaylz!

I made them again today but added almond flour & they stayed together much better.🙂

I made them again today but added almond flour & they stayed together much better.🙂
So why didn't it work the previous day with the ground almonds :confused: lol x

So why didn't it work the previous day with the ground almonds :confused: lol x
I didn't use any ground almonds on my first attempt. It was a different recipe.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back