Low blood sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpalmer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am asking on behalf of my Mum - we both have type 2 diabetes but she keeps having episodes of low blood sugar which I never have - it follows a pattern and always seems to occur about 11 in the morning - it does not seem to matter what she has for breakfast - usually she has porridge but has tried having protein as well - but if she does not have a cup of tea and snack - about 11 she has feeling of going really hot,almost to point of sweating - then she goes wobbly and can also have a headache - often if she tests her blood sugar it is 4 or as low as 3.5 - this used to happen only once in a while but is now every day almost and has happened a couple of times in the evening before bed even after an evening meal - anyone have something similar or could offer advise? She takes metformin but not insulin - Thanks

What has her doctor advised her to do about it other than to always have a snack? - I mean if it's bothering her, and for some reason or another she finds having 11s's difficult, she'll have asked her/him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back