Low blood Glucose level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wontgiveup

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hello,
just wondering if anyone else has experience of low glucose levels. Im classed as pre diabetic, controlled by diet. I felt really weak today and a little bit breathless. I tested my blood 2 hours before main meal and got a result of 3.9. Is this ok or classed as low.
I looked on NHS website and that just gave serious advice about contacting GP or other. I don’t feel i need to do that. Any advise please

Hello,
just wondering if anyone else has experience of low glucose levels. Im classed as pre diabetic, controlled by diet. I felt really weak today and a little bit breathless. I tested my blood 2 hours before main meal and got a result of 3.9. Is this ok or classed as low.
I looked on NHS website and that just gave serious advice about contacting GP or other. I don’t feel i need to do that. Any advise please
3.9 mmol/l isn't uncommon for a non-diabetic.

Last edited:
I tested my blood 2 hours before main meal and got a result of 3.9. Is this ok or classed as low.

It is a bit ‘close to the edge’ for a non-D person, and you are likely to have felt a bit wobbly, trembly, spaced out, or just very very hungry if it had got much lower…

But if you are not on glucose-lowering medication that can cause hypos then the chances are your body would have gently steered your levels away from danger by releasing stored glucose from muscles or the liver.

There is a study linked here which showed continuous glucose data from healthy non-D individuals which you may find reassuring?

Hello,
3.9 is fine, especially if only on diet control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back