low BG levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brambleberry

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well since I arrived in Australia I still cannot keep my BG levels up. 2hrs after dinner of salmon salad with beetroot and full fat mayo followed by mango and BG 4.6. Trying to lose weight here and knowing I have already consumed my calories for the day , and need to eat something just because of stupid low blood glucose levels is ridiculous. I avoided carbs for dinner as I had then at breakfast and lunch which was 1/2 avocado on sourdough bread 2 eggs and tomato followed by 3 small sugar free cookies as a treat. So I topped myself up with 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate and reading this morning is 6.5.But thats 150 cals I would rather not have had! Sooner GP gets me off the glicozide the better, she plans to eventually. Before I was diabetic I had issues with low BG levels, it caused mayhem trying to lose weight even then. I only know this because if my job back then on the wards letting students use me as a BG guinea pig and of course passing out in theatre an hour after lunch! So I am naturally prone to low BG levels which is why this diabetes diagnosis has shocked me..perhaps I produced too much insulin for years ( genetic tendancy to both hypoglycaemia and T2 diabetes).
I was always sensitive to calories too. Seemed to be one calorie between a weight gain and weight loss.Moan over!

If you are not taking your Gliclazide, do you need to worry about a reading of 4.6. That sounds like a reading I would be happy with even as an insulin user unless it was bedtime and then I might bump it up a bit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back