Louise launches online help group for diabetes sufferers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A BASILDON woman has become an online support worker for a diabetes charity after being diagnosed with the condition.

Louise Douglas, 25, of Meadgate, devotes several hours per week to helping people who feel diabetes is having an adverse effect on their lives.

She said: ?For many people living with diabetes they can feel very isolated and alone and some struggle emotionally. I am here to lend a listening ear and help talk about subjects that friends and family without the condition might not understand.

?Diabetes can feel like it is taking over your life, overwhelmingly so. Feelings of despair when it comes to diabetes won't disappear overnight but there is a lot that can be done to make the journey easier and shorter.?

http://www.yellowad.co.uk/news.cfm?...ches online help group for diabetes sufferers

See, this is where I don't think DUK's projects are joined up properly (something I have been telling them for years). What are WE if not peer support? Most volunteers aren't even aware that we exist as far as I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back