lots going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hiya all
the past two weeks have been prety odd to say the least , but i think i may be getting to the bottom of whats going on with me, some of u may remember ive been feeling dizzy and sick a lot along with a few other things , i have now in the last 2 weeks seen 2 gp's and an out of hours doc... they have all told me my blood pressure is low and un responsive to movement ie standing up lying down etc part of what is making me dizzy ,they have definatley told me there is nothing wrong with my heart just my blood pessure.. now 2 of the doc's told me to up my salt intake to raise my bp and i told them i cannot possibly use any more salt than i do already ( i use loads!) the 3rd doc was concerned that i do eat alot of salt but it makes no difference to my bp... any way they bought up autonomic neuropathy and said that my bp and salt retention can be because of that.. i have been told to make an appontment with my consultant and get the proper diagnosis and medication asap as they were not happy with my bp.... so i am phoning tomorrow for an appointment with him... will update u all when i have seen him

Oh Bex, sorry to hear this, will be hoping for the best news for you my dear.

I hope you can get it sorted out soon Bex. Low BP and low red blood cell count are things I've struggled with for years. That's one of the reasons they finally decided I'm not a type 2. Don't despair though, it can be managed and I'm sure your consultant can come up with a plan that will work for you.

Aww Bex, really hope you get a proper diagnosis soon. It's horrible knowing that something is wrong but not knowing what. I have very low BP and find everything goes black when I stand up (for example if I look at something on the bottom shelf in a shop and then get up quickly) It might be that they can sort you out and it might be unrelated to the diabetes. I do wish you all the very best and hope you will update us when you can. Take care.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back