Lost thread - admin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proud to be erratic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Pronouns
He/Him
There was a thread posted by @everydayupsanddowns on 5 Mar 2020 titled "What do I wish I'd been told". I wanted to share this with someone who is struggling (a bit) in a PM, but the technology is frustrating me!

I imagined that knowing the Title, date and originator it wouldn't be too difficult to find this. I was wrong, or I'm missing something very obvious. This raises 2 questions:

How to find it?
I tried searching in the 1754 pages of the General Message Board, a small challenge. By a bit of trial and error messages dating back to 5 Mar 2020 are on page +/-333, but that didn't help because I need the date of the last response, not the OP date.
I tried a search against the Title, but that has too many words and filters out most of those common place words; so no success there.
I tried searching in @everydayupsanddowns messages, but Mike is a prolific messager and searching back to March 2020 is too difficult!
I thought I'd bookmarked within the forum it but can't find that bookmark; I'd assumed, wrongly, that bookmarks are within the forum, but apparently not. I'm on an android phone; where do bookmarks hide?
So I ask for help here.

Once found, the other question:

How to create a link that I can share in a PM? Indeed, in general, how to create a link to any thread?
I've looked in the Forums menu for guidance; again no success. If the answer is there I'm not seeing it.

My IT skills are limited, OKish, but once I'm out of my depth I don't have sufficient background knowledge to know alternative "routes". And I quickly forget where I started from once I follow links!

This must be doable, but how?

Do you mean this one @Proud to be erratic ?

https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/what-do-you-wish-you’d-been-told.85501/

Took me one search and a couple of seconds. Don’t trawl through pages of threads, use the Search box top right, click the ‘in title’ box and put Mike’s forum name in the bottom box 🙂

To add a link to a thread, copy the thread address link, then click the link icon in the text box you’re writing in (looks like two chain links) and paste the link to the thread in 🙂

The forum’s search function has limitations (I think intended to reduce the burden on the server) which can mean that searches become difficult if they contain short or common words.

If that’s the case you can use the might of your search engine of choice, but requests that it filters results by site.

eg for Google you can enter

site:forum.diabetes.org.uk “what do you wish you’d been told” everydayupsanddowns

into the Google search box.

Almost all web addresses you post as text will be spotted by the forum’s text-entry systen and converted to a link, so as @Inka says, simply copying the address of a thread from the address bar, and posting it into your message should create a link once the message is sent / the thread is posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back