Lost my voice any tips please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline Wilson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I started off with tonslitis and had antibiotics for it (took the last one this morning). I've been doing all the things like plenty of warm unsweetened fluids, not talking, gargling with salt water. I have another doctors appointment this evening inthe hopes he will be able to give me something, but does anyone here have any brilliant suggestions please. It is driving me crazy not being able to speak above a whisper, and everyone else is going mad when I ring a bell to get attention!

Hi Caroline,
Well i would tell you - but - your OH has just sent me a PM and begged me not to say! Seriously though, i doubt there is much you CAN do as your voicebox just needs rest and the more you try to talk the more damage your probably doing. So be quiet! Hope the appointment at the docs goes ok and let us know what he says.🙂Bev

How about a Richard Hawkins style speech synthesiser (Only joking 🙂 )

I'm just getting over the same problem. All it needs is rest. Mine was caused by shouting at a platoon of cadets for a week though!

Thanks everyone, I just got an email back from my manger reminding me I need a certificate, so hopefully another week or two off will help. I'm learning to convey a lot with the bell.

Thanks everyone, I just got an email back from my manger reminding me I need a certificate, so hopefully another week or two off will help. I'm learning to convey a lot with the bell.

It's a great image Caroline! Hope you are feeling better soon🙂

hi caroline let us know what happens at docs good luck, my o/h would be jumping for joy if i lost my voice

Last edited:
hi caroline let us know what happens at docs good luck, my o/h would be jumping for joy if i lost my voice

If I didn't have the bell my lot would be quite happy too. And having advised other people to see a doctor I thought I'd better take my own advice!

Saw docotor last night, his advice was to take honey and lemon because it tastes nicer tahn gargling with salt water! I also have a certificate for this week, and if I'm no better I go back and see him again.

sounds familier mind you i spoke to o/h's mum and she said honey and lemon so saved me trip to docs
fingers crossed it clears up caroline least you got certificate as well to show work x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back