Status
Not open for further replies.

Humy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi,

So since my diagnosis with Type 1 diabetes, I have gained 10kg, more around the belly area. My build is I have broad shoulders, slimmer arms and legs. It's just the mid section I am trying to lose in a safe way. Any suggestions? I walk from work 45 minutes to home 5 days a week and started Pilates at home once weekly.

Do you inject in your abdomen @Humera.Turak ?

I built up some fatty deposits during my years on MDI where my abdomen was very easy and accessible.

In general I have only gained weight with diabetes when I’ve eaten bigger meals and snacked more.

I’m often a little heavier after the winter, so now is the time when I’ll think about reducing portion sizes (and meal doses), drinking less, and start some crunches. Which is a bit tiresome, but it does work.

Last edited:
A long term Type I I have found as I have aged I need ed to reduce cars/calories (and hence insulin) to avoid weight gain or to lose. Exercise helps as the more muscle (well for me) the less insulin,

Last edited:
Do you inject in your abdomen @Humera.Turak ?

I built up some fatty deposits during my years on MDI where my abdomen was very easy and accessible.

In general I have only gained weight with diabetes when I’ve eaten bigger meals and snacked more.

I’m often a little heavier after the winter, so now is the time when I’ll think about reducing portion sizes (and meal doses), drinking less, and start some crunches. Which is a bit tiresome, but it does work.
I used to in the initial stages but now I do inject in my thighs. I have heard this too. Its just hard during winter. Now it's opening up and coming to summer I am taking long walks and looking at my eating habits. I have started Pilates and will look at strength exercises.

A long term Type I I have found as I have aged I need ed to reduce cars/calories (and hence insulin) to avoid weight gain or to lose. Exercise helps as the more muscle (well for me) the less insulin,
Yes exercise is a big one. It's just since it's all so new I have been finding it difficult managing it all. But have eased myself in by taking long walks and small steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back