Lorry driver left unable to walk after rare bug 'eats his leg ALIVE'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE Colin Sines leg swelled to twice its normal size in just half an hour - he was forced to cut his boot of with a knife

A lorry driver has spoken of his horrific battle with a rare bug which almost ate his entire leg ALIVE.

Colin Sines, 46, is lucky to be alive after becoming infected by vicious disease necrotising fasciitis which rampaged up his right limb.

The TNT delivery driver was working a shift when he felt a sharp and realised his leg had swollen.

Within half an hour it was twice its normal size, forcing Colin to cut away his boot with a knife.

"It was as if someone had stuck a red-hot poker into me,” he told Get Surrey.

"I was in excruciating pain, it was so intense."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lorry-driver-left-unable-walk-3987200

😱 :(

I notice this story mentions the forum at DCUK. I have seen a few stories mentioning them recently, so it seems they are sending out stories to the press to attract people to their forum, which is fine. However, the article says that their forum is part of Diabetes UK, which is untrue - this is the only forum supported by Diabetes UK.

Last edited:
The names are so similar that people think they are one and the same. I notice that a lot of posters arrive there saying the site has been recommended by their Health Care Team. I do lurk there from time to time as I do on other forums for diabetics.

There is a press team there now and they have also enlisted the help of a well known doctor to advertise their forum.

If you look at the two pictures of the poor man who has been so ill, you will see that they are before and after gastric band surgery. No mention of that in the article but it was reported in the media and on DCUK when he had the surgery done. Might explain his marvellous weight loss.

I wish him well and cannot imagine how scary and painful it must have been for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back