Lorraine Kelly fat family programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudspirit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
OMG, i have been watching the programme with the fat family from x factor and i just cant believe it.
A GP friend told me that i was a good diabetic and up until seeing this programme i thought all diabetics did what they could to help themselves, after all the only other diabetics i know are you guys and you wouldnt be on here if you didnt care about yourselves! Anyway the father has T2 his lower legs have uncers on and he asked the dietician if it would be better to have semi or skimmed milk with his chocolate milk shake! the Mother when asked what would be a good low calorie meal and answered "Triffle"

They just don't care, they have no dietary knowledge, those poor girls dont stand a chance, they have been at a fat school for a month, the dad told them that he doesn't want to read labels so they could go chopping but there were some sausages in the freezer to get rid of first!!

How can someone not care about their lives and that of their children.
I'm not fattist, if thats a word, i am obese myself but with all the knowledge i have been given from various sources over the last year i am now on my way to a slimmer, fitter person with a better life expectancy.
Ill stand down off the soap box now. I just feel really sorry for them!
Julie

Some people just need educating or have no sense at all and dont care, i saw about 2 minutes of this the other day when it started on 5 and could not stand to watch anymore.I agree with you Julie i now take more care of myself then i ever have since diagnosis and i will carry on trying my best to get in the best possiblr shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back