Loose sensor or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz84

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi this is probably a slightly random question. But do the freestyle libre 2 sensors have a very very slight gap at 1 side? I always notice that it has and thought maybe it’s coming loose. But I actually think it’s not and that it’s just the way the sensor is made.maybe to let water out? as I’ve noticed on all 3 sensors I’ve used. All work perfectly.
I feel like 3/4 is fully stuck from the edge and the 1/4 I can very slightly feel under the sensor ( between tape and sensor) not much just a tiny bit.

Can't say I've ever noticed this but I'm struggling to picture exactly what you mean. Could you take a picture perhaps or get someone to take one for you?
I knocked a sensor once and slapped my hand on it thinking I'd saved it but no chance it failed...user error.

Can't say I've ever noticed this but I'm struggling to picture exactly what you mean. Could you take a picture perhaps or get someone to take one for you?
I knocked a sensor once and slapped my hand on it thinking I'd saved it but no chance it failed...user error.
Not the best picture but always just slight gap

Attachments

• IMG_5038.jpeg
    IMG_5038.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 12
Looks to me as if it is not placed on a flat part of your arm.
It took me some time to my head around the fact that most of my arm is curved by the sensor is flat and the sensoR does not bend.
If it stay is place, it is not a problem because the filament is the important bit. But, as it is lifting, it is more likely to come off.

Looks to me as if it is not placed on a flat part of your arm.
It took me some time to my head around the fact that most of my arm is curved by the sensor is flat and the sensoR does not bend.
If it stay is place, it is not a problem because the filament is the important bit. But, as it is lifting, it is more likely to come off.
It has been the same on every sensor. This is my 3rd only recently started using them. No issues with it falling off. I usually put a patch on after a week just to make sure. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed. I am quite slim so maybe that’s the reason. I have sent abbot a message to see if it’s normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back