Looks like I’m T2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gd-T2

Relationship to Diabetes
Gestational
I had GD in all of my pregnancies and I’m now 40. I ordered a glucose machine to test and all was fine, or so I thought. I randomly spike tested after a lunch I wouldn’t usually have. 11.8 after 1 hour. 8.6 after 2. I’ve contacted the gp but I honestly thought I’d avoided it. I’m gutted and don’t know where to start!

Welcome to the forum
What were you before your meal as the criteria people tend to use following diagnosis in 4-7mmol/l before meals and no more than 8-8.5, 2 hours post meal. What did you have?
The HbA1C would be the test you need to ask the GP for as random readings with a home monitor is not suitable for diagnosis.

Welcome to the forum
What were you before your meal as the criteria people tend to use following diagnosis in 4-7mmol/l before meals and no more than 8-8.5, 2 hours post meal. What did you have?
The HbA1C would be the test you need to ask the GP for as random readings with a home monitor is not suitable for diagnosis.
8.6 two hours after. Yeah I know, I’m supposed to have yearly HbA1C so I need to book in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back