Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh DUK

Former Online Community and Learning Manager
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hello Everyone,

We are looking for volunteers to support our online forum. I have included the two roles below. If you have any more questions about the roles, please feel free to private message me.

Best,

Josh DUK

Hello Everyone,

We are looking for volunteers to support our online forum. I have included the two roles below. If you have any more questions about the roles, please feel free to private message me.

Best,

Josh DUK
Hello, I am very interested in this.

I am not a diabetic, but my dad has Type 2 diabetes. I am a doctoral researcher at Loughborough University. My research aims to enhance the emotional experience of people with diabetes when using diabetes websites.

I was wondering if I am eligible to apply for it.

I'm not 'a diabetic' either! But, rather, I've been a person with T1 diabetes, for over 50 years now.

Subtle though the change in terminology may be - it does absolutely not define anything about any person, which other descriptive terms like eg 'a male/female' or 'a brunette/redhead/blond(e)' 'elderly/teenage' would. So, some years ago now, the terminology was changed.

Last edited:
I'm not 'a diabetic' either! But, rather, I've been a person with T1 diabetes, for over 50 years now.

Subtle though the change in terminology may be - it does absolutely not define anything about any person, which other descriptive terms like eg 'a male/female' or 'a brunette/redhead/blond(e)' 'elderly/teenage' would. So, some years ago now, the terminology was changed.
Thank you for letting me know the changes of the terminology. I asked my dad. He has the same understanding with you.

Hi if I can help.
although I am new here my Wife was diabetic since here teens, I made a point of learning from here so I am not new to the life of a diabetic.
since she has passed I have gone from border line to tablet controlled..

Hi if I can help.
although I am new here my Wife was diabetic since here teens, I made a point of learning from here so I am not new to the life of a diabetic.
since she has passed I have gone from border line to tablet controlled..
Hello @Katomi,

So sorry to hear about your wife. If you would like to volunteer, please click the links above to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back