• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes
  • Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here

Looking for Diabetics Who Had a Stay in Hospital-Since March 2020

Josh DUK

Online Forum Manager
Staff member
We know that during the Coronavirus pandemic hospital care has been different to normal. Which is why we want to hear from people with diabetes, and their carers, who have had a stay in hospital since March 2020. We want to understand your experiences so that we can make sure we are doing everything possible to make hospital safe for people with diabetes.

Sharing your experiences will involve having a 1-1 interview with a member of the Diabetes UK team during the month of February. All of your experiences will be kept strictly confidential. We will also provide a £25 shopping voucher to say thank you for your time. Vouchers are subject to availability and for those aged 18+ and UK residents.

If you would like to participate, or if you have further questions, you can contact us via our helpline on 0345 123 2399 (England, N.Ireland, Wales),
0141 212 8710 (Scotland) or by emailing us at inpatientcare@diabetes.org.uk.

The flyer is also available as an online resource. If it’s helpful to embed in a webpage you own please go for it, it’s just not currently up on any of ours.

Last edited:

Michael12421

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
When I was first diagnosed I spent a week in hospital this was in the UK. During the following three years I was hospitalised on three other occasions following hypo's. Unlike present times I was given very little information about hypo's. Since living in Spain (16 years) only twice and this was not because of the hypo but the results of it - rather damaging injuries because of the falls. I tried the email link you provided but could not get through.

Lucy Honeychurch

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Unfortunately, I've had two, I'm happy to participate.