Looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coggy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I’m looking for advice I have recently retired and my lifestyle has changed dramatically I was a lorry driver so diet was not very good but with medication and insulin I managed it well now I have three meals a day and my diet is good and moderate exercise but my readings keep dropping so has anyone else had this problem and do you think I’m on to much medication now any help would be appreciated

Hi I’m looking for advice I have recently retired and my lifestyle has changed dramatically I was a lorry driver so diet was not very good but with medication and insulin I managed it well now I have three meals a day and my diet is good and moderate exercise but my readings keep dropping so has anyone else had this problem and do you think I’m on to much medication now any help would be appreciated
Welcome to the forum
Lifestyle changes can have a huge impact on how you manage your condition but to get any sensible suggestion you need to give a bit more information about what precise medication you are on with doses and how you monitor your blood glucose levels, Libre or similar or are you just fingerpricking and also what foods are you having, are you carb counting to determine your insulin dose.
I'm sure you will get some suggestions here but it may be the opportunity to have a review with your diabetic clinic as your circumstances have changed and you need to stay safe.

Welcome @Coggy 🙂 If this is a very recent problem, it could be caused or made worse by the recent hot weather. Lots of us have found we’ve needed to reduce our insulin.

What insulin(s) and other medication are you on? Give the full name of any insulins, including any letters or numbers after the name. How low are you dropping?

Welcome @Coggy 🙂 If this is a very recent problem, it could be caused or made worse by the recent hot weather. Lots of us have found we’ve needed to reduce our insulin.

What insulin(s) and other medication are you on? Give the full name of any insulins, including any letters or numbers after the name. How low are you dropping?
Hi yes it’s the heat I’ve spoken to the nurse today my levels were at 4.3 but I’m in Spain and the temperature is at 32 so told to reduce insulin intake thanks for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back