Look North - Local News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monica

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
On Look North this lunch time, it was mentioned, that all Type 2s are going to be screened for heart failure as a trial in Hull and East Yorkshire. If successful, it will be rolled out all over the country. I tried to get a link for it, but it isn't available online. Maybe it will be mentioned again in the 6.30 news, which will be online later.

Ah! Look North! Takes me back...Harry Gratian and Barry Chambers 🙂 I actually appeared on it in 1968! 🙂

Sounds interesting, I wonder what they mean by 'screening'? Blood tests? Angiograms?

love that show mike neville was my fave follwed by pam royal.

Ah! Look North! Takes me back...Harry Gratian and Barry Chambers 🙂 I actually appeared on it in 1968! 🙂

Sounds interesting, I wonder what they mean by 'screening'? Blood tests? Angiograms?

Who are they???😛 It's Peter Levy on his own now, and in the mornings and lunchtime some other onese I can't remember.

I don't exactly know, but they filmed someone having a mask on and things attached to them, so I guess Angiogram. I will watch the 6.30 news and if it's on I will find the link for it later online. (Might have to wait until tomorrow)

Who are they???😛 It's Peter Levy on his own now, and in the mornings and lunchtime some other onese I can't remember.

I don't exactly know, but they filmed someone having a mask on and things attached to them, so I guess Angiogram. I will watch the 6.30 news and if it's on I will find the link for it later online. (Might have to wait until tomorrow)

Peter Levy has been there donkey's years! Probably ECGs, I can't imagine them doing angiograms on everyone as I imagine that's rather expensive, plus it does have some risks.

Peter Levy has been there donkey's years! Probably ECGs, I can't imagine them doing angiograms on everyone as I imagine that's rather expensive, plus it does have some risks.

Yes, I know he has, but he used to have a "partner" like on the morning BBC news. She defected over to News on 5 at first and then on to GMTV. Gosh, I can't even remember her name now.

Aha! I was confused too! Apparently there was Look North and Look North! (with an exclamation mark!) - the latter is what Steffie remembers. This is the one I remember:

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/mivana/med...60cb3b1025b0&media=bbclooknorth1960s&type=mp4

aaaah, link isn't working!

right, have watched the news, it was on again and he mentioned blood test. The video isn't available till tomorrow. I'll put it on in a new thread with a better title tomorrow 😉

I didn't know there were 2 different look norths 😛

LOL I found it in the end🙂

I posted the new thread

Well why not theres lots of things type 1s get that type 2s dont im sure lol.

Well why not theres lots of things type 1s get that type 2s dont im sure lol.

I would imagine it's because Type 2 can often go undiagnosed for several years, normally affects older adults (but not always!), and there are often other risks present. Type 1 tends to be diagnosed more rapidly with fewer associated risks, and often in younger people.

Interesting when I was diagnosed and they told me I'd had a heart attack - they said I probably didn't feel it because diabetics lose nerve sensation, also that we were more susceptible to heart disease. They didn't take into account that I had, up until the previous week, been actively training for a marathon and had no associated risk factors at all, apart from being a smoker 13 years previously. Indeed, when they performed the angiogram, the surgeon said my arteries were 'pristine'! Clearly, they were applying a little layman's generalisations without looking at my own particular history (or, indeed, looking at me! 😱)

I would imagine it's because Type 2 can often go undiagnosed for several years, normally affects older adults (but not always!), and there are often other risks present. Type 1 tends to be diagnosed more rapidly with fewer associated risks, and often in younger people.

Interesting when I was diagnosed and they told me I'd had a heart attack - they said I probably didn't feel it because diabetics lose nerve sensation, also that we were more susceptible to heart disease. They didn't take into account that I had, up until the previous week, been actively training for a marathon and had no associated risk factors at all, apart from being a smoker 13 years previously. Indeed, when they performed the angiogram, the surgeon said my arteries were 'pristine'! Clearly, they were applying a little layman's generalisations without looking at my own particular history (or, indeed, looking at me! 😱)

Well thank you Northey very good explanation.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back