Longer, lasting carbs needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
See attached photo of Libre graph.

Hi guys. I’m finding that during my working day the carbs I’m eating which is usually around the 30g mark without injecting are just not lasting hardly anytime meaning I’m forever checking and needling to eat again to continue work.

And I’m eating when not hungry.

My question is, is there a carb which simply lasts longer?

I don’t want to eat say 60g carbs in one meal and have a massive spike for it to then come down… or would this be ok? Spiking to say 20m/mol doesn’t sit well with me.

Any ideas? I’m back on the roofs tomorrow morning so any help would be appreciated?!

Attachments

• E3603CA6-EB92-491E-94EA-8BA0A6E593DD.png
    E3603CA6-EB92-491E-94EA-8BA0A6E593DD.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 14
I think you are on a basal bolus insulin regime.
If you levels are falling you need less insulin rather than more carbs.
I did think perhaps I need to reduce my Basel again…

Depending upon what basal you are on, you may find you need different dose on the days when you are working compared to your days off.
Tresiba is not great for this as it take 3 or 4 days for a change in dose to take effect but something like Levemir or Lantus is more flexible and may suit you more.

Depending upon what basal you are on, you may find you need different dose on the days when you are working compared to your days off.
Tresiba is not great for this as it take 3 or 4 days for a change in dose to take effect but something like Levemir or Lantus is more flexible and may suit you more.
Okey dokie I will reduce this evenings by a couple units and see how I get on tomorrow.
Thank you

Like @Benny G, my strategy to deal with that graph would be to reduce your morning Levemir (rather than your evening dose as it looks like your levels rise slightly overnight) and have a traditional breakfast with plenty of protein and fat which should reduce that breakfast spike but give you slow release energy to keep you topped up through the day and a mixture of carbs, protein and fat at lunchtime. Plenty of eggs, cheese and meat and maybe some flapjack, but reducing the morning Levemir would be the important first step in my experiment.

Like @Benny G, my strategy to deal with that graph would be to reduce your morning Levemir (rather than your evening dose as it looks like your levels rise slightly overnight) and have a traditional breakfast with plenty of protein and fat which should reduce that breakfast spike but give you slow release energy to keep you topped up through the day and a mixture of carbs, protein and fat at lunchtime. Plenty of eggs, cheese and meat and maybe some flapjack, but reducing the morning Levemir would be the important first step in my experiment.
Thanks for replies.

I only take Levemir once at night time 10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back