Long-acting insulin for 23 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Should the time change make any difference? Can't remember what I did last year! Think I just took normal amount at normal time.:confused:

I think we just did it at 9pm on both days (as usual) - so was out by 1 hour - but didnt make a difference.🙂Bev

Cheers Bev, pretty sure that's what I did! Anyway, sometimes I take it at 10:30 then after midnight the next day and it doesn't seem to affect me.

i just do mine when it's bedtime - and that's whenever I feel like going to bed! Sometimes it might be 10.30 but then again, it could be 1.30 :D Doesn't seem to make much difference - I didn't think it had to be done at the same time every day!

I was told by the DSN that we had to do it at exactly the same time every day!! So I always panic if we do it an hour later than the night before or whatever.
Its quite reassuring to see that others dont always so the injection at exactly the same time every day, and it doesn't seem to make that much difference.

It is something I do think about - at the moment, because of his age, he is always at home in the evenings and we do the injection between 8.30 -9pm every night when he is getting ready for bed. But in the next couple of years he is going to start wanting to go out in the evenings at weekends with his friends etc. and I worry how I am going to make sure he gets his lantus at the same time every day??

I was told by the DSN that we had to do it at exactly the same time every day!! So I always panic if we do it an hour later than the night before or whatever.
Its quite reassuring to see that others dont always so the injection at exactly the same time every day, and it doesn't seem to make that much difference.

It is something I do think about - at the moment, because of his age, he is always at home in the evenings and we do the injection between 8.30 -9pm every night when he is getting ready for bed. But in the next couple of years he is going to start wanting to go out in the evenings at weekends with his friends etc. and I worry how I am going to make sure he gets his lantus at the same time every day??

Perhaps you could change it to mornings - it lasts for 24 hours in theory so it shouldnt make a lot of difference as long as he gets it.🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back