local groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewis

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
😱has any one in the watford herts area been to any local groups or know of any ? i see on diabetes uk's site there is a monthly meet at st albans hospital , any thoughts appreciated

no been to any local groups but did get to the forum mmet in london last nov and it was great ...theres a few going on in surrey, york and london again in the next few months maybe you could get to one of those ?

The other alternative if you are prepared for a lot of hard work, is to start a group of your own and advertise it in doctors surgeries, health centres and libraries. I think DUK will help you do this.

Hi Lewis,

I have visited this group a few times over the years but have not for a while as I struggled to get there for the start. For someone new to diabetes there can be a lot of useful information but after a while you start feeling you have heard it before. I have been to other groups, and also been involved in running one, but find the majority of people that attend are retired people with Type II. From your profile I can see you are well off retirement and share my interests in classic cars and motorsport. PM me if you want to chat cars, etc. My advice would be to go along to meetings that have an interesting subject matter. From this group's "meet ups" you can glean a lot of information in a far more sociable atmosphere.

Regards,

Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back