Loaded with the cold again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am totally fed up :( my bs are good and under control, I am loosing lots of weight and I am at my fittest in years but... I keep on getting colds and they floor me every time! Woke up yesterday morning with a sniffle and today my head feels as if it is going to expload... Is this what it is going to be like for me now? Am I just going to be more prone to getting colds? Is there anything I can do to protect myself? Sorry for the moan - I just feel really rotten just now. :(

I am totally fed up :( my bs are good and under control, I am loosing lots of weight and I am at my fittest in years but... I keep on getting colds and they floor me every time! Woke up yesterday morning with a sniffle and today my head feels as if it is going to expload... Is this what it is going to be like for me now? Am I just going to be more prone to getting colds? Is there anything I can do to protect myself? Sorry for the moan - I just feel really rotten just now. :(

Caz sadly there is a really nasty one around its not just localised it seems country wide...and starts with MEGA sneezing...keep up the paracetmol and ibrophin...if your able to take them...my step son swears by beechams flu plus ....and loads of rest xxx
in my non medical opinion that is xx ...whats more we've all had the jabs 😡

Caz sadly there is a really nasty one around its not just localised it seems country wide...and starts with MEGA sneezing...keep up the paracetmol and ibrophin...if your able to take them...my step son swears by beechams flu plus ....and loads of rest xxx
in my non medical opinion that is xx ...whats more we've all had the jabs 😡

Other Half and I joined the legion of sufferers last Monday and still feel like s**t today. We've had both jabs so I know it's not 'flu but I'm absolutely whacked out by it and keep retiring to bed during the day - unheard of !

My Dr said last Thursday there are a couple of nasties around - keep warm, drink lots (had to explain to OH that did not mean whiskey!) and take paracetamols. My BS levels are bouncing around like mad and I keep wondering when will it go ?

It's somewhat comforting to know I'm in good company.....but I DO feel sorry for myself ! (whimp that I am).

Google Vitamin D, I take high levels of it during the winter to avoid colds, etc.

Thanks everybody. Just gonna take it easy over the next couple of days... My step-mother swears by echinacea (sp?) and vit C as well so I might start taking them.

Other Half and I joined the legion of sufferers last Monday and still feel like s**t today. We've had both jabs so I know it's not 'flu but I'm absolutely whacked out by it and keep retiring to bed during the day - unheard of !

My Dr said last Thursday there are a couple of nasties around - keep warm, drink lots (had to explain to OH that did not mean whiskey!) and take paracetamols. My BS levels are bouncing around like mad and I keep wondering when will it go ?

It's somewhat comforting to know I'm in good company.....but I DO feel sorry for myself ! (whimp that I am).

Hope you are feeling better soon xx

I hope you feel better soon. Take parecetmol to reduce temperature and have plenty of sugar free fluids. Rest as much as possible, and if you can manage a light meal, try to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back