Living with Diabetes Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Is anyone else in the Essex area attending the living with diabetes day on Tuesday 13th June near Southend?
I had an email about it the other day and have signed up to go along.

Hi Stitch,
I’ve not been sent an email from Diabetes uk or local health services but have gone to similar events before. I remember going to Holiday inn in Basildon, around 15 years ago. I can’t remember whether it was worth going or not. I remember being one of the youngest participants with type 2 there, as was in late 30’s then. But I don’t think I will go again. Be interesting to see how you get on at event.

I've been to them before so know what sort of things to expect.

today's the day, will report back later...
You mention going to a Type 2 awareness day on the morning reading thread, I'm not sure that’s quite the same thing as this DUK event, Isn’t this day for people with all types of Diabetes?

You mention going to a Type 2 awareness day on the morning reading thread, I'm not sure that’s quite the same thing as this DUK event, Isn’t this day for people with all types of Diabetes?
Indeed, but conveniently timed to coincide with awareness week...

Just arrived at the Living with Diabetes day being held in Southend.
Will keep you all posted.

20230613_093948.jpg20230613_094005.jpg

Lunch = majority white and beige buffet!!!
I've gone for 2 sandwich quarters and veggies!!!

Finally, no mention of the eat well plate. They now mention about carbs and reducing them etc.
Also just had a session about foot care, which was useful.

That wasn't a bad day in all. The table I was on won the quiz at the end too.
Was nice to have a "refresher" on things. Even though I've been diagnosed for 8 years things and advice change.
Well done Diabetes UK for putting on a good day.

I’m glad you enjoyed the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back