Living Life the 'Calorie Restriction' way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing a BBC documentary about this - might even have been the same bloke interviewed. The results or their investigation, like many extreme diets, were inconclusive. Seems they are also under the illusion that diabetes is only caused by being overweight.

Since being diagnosed I've learned just how flimsy a lot of these studies are, and how difficult (if not impossible) it is to apply to any one individual. The goalposts move every day too, so I'd rather just take everything in moderation and try and stay fit and healthy 🙂

To be fair, population based epidemiological studies are just that - population based, not about individuals. Case studies are a type of epidemiological study, which do look at individual disease / health stories.

Here's a good introduction to the science of epidemiology, part of the discipline of public health. http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...P2gVSK&sig=AHIEtbQ6liqW1jgkOs9qUEjw3moTHNfwQw (University of Illinois at Chicago)

Under-known fact for the day - Florence Nightingale didn't just improve nurse education in the United Kingdom, she also did some of the earliest work in health statistics, producing graphs of survival rates of Crimean War soldiers at Scutari, near what is now Istanbul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back