Little happy dance - Skittles

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
For a long while I used little mini-bags of Skittles as a fairly pocket-proof hypo treatment. Each bag had approx 10-15g of fast acting carbs, and they remained viable and edible even if in my pocket or the corner of a bag for some weeks.

My local Asda hiked up the price during lockdown almost doubling it to £4.00 a pack, so I found alternatives. Then in the cost of living squeeze it went to £4.40, when other members had said their supermarkets had them at more like £2.50

Well look what I found yesterday. Wahoo!!

1727428867571.jpeg

:care: ha ha that#s great :D did you buy the whole box 😛 I may need to get some skittles on this Empagliflozin

For a long while I used little mini-bags of Skittles as a fairly pocket-proof hypo treatment. Each bag had approx 10-15g of fast acting carbs, and they remained viable and edible even if in my pocket or the corner of a bag for some weeks.

My local Asda hiked up the price during lockdown almost doubling it to £4.00 a pack, so I found alternatives. Then in the cost of living squeeze it went to £4.40, when other members had said their supermarkets had them at more like £2.50

Well look what I found yesterday. Wahoo!!

View attachment 31634
That’s quite the find. Will be interesting to see the pricing closer to Halloween?

For those like me who don't have ready access to Asda - Iceland and Poundland have them at the same price. Unfortunately I don't have access to those either at present! So I'm settling for Waitrose at £3.00 (surprisingly better than Sainsburys £3.85 and Tesco's £4.00!)

Tesco's £4.00

Yep, that’s the price they’ve been stuck at for years - and I can’t believe anyone would buy them at that price - almost double the cost of other treat bags

20240930_173143.jpg

Spotted these in Aldi yesterday @everydayupsanddowns smaller packets of funsize packs but even cheaper per 100g

Back