Lispro Sanofi insulin stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outdoorsie mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
is anyone else having issues getting hold of Lispro Sanofi Insulin? Not sure whether to spend time going to/calling more pharmacies to see if they have stock or getting hold of my GP to get an alternative arranged.
Thanks for any insight.

Always worth try ringing alternative pharmacies, might use different suppliers.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty getting hold of your insulin.

Whereabouts are you based?

My personal experience is that sometimes pharmacies use ‘manufacturing issue’ as a catch-all phrase to cover any and all delays in their supply chain - even if it is just that their wholesaler / warehouse hasn’t reordered in time.

Hope you are able to find a pharmacy not too far away that has what you need.

Cheers. This as my preference but was interested in other’s experiences as pharmacist had indicated a manufactoring issue.

Take it at face value, had this said before with libre but had no issues elsewhere, not saying there isn't manufacturing issues but worth checking other pharmacies to be sure.

I have heard back from the Diabetes UK Information team who have been in contact with Eli-Lilly.

There are currently no manufacturing or supply issues from Eli-Lilly, so hopefully any problems in getting hold of insulin will just be a short term distributor blip.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back