Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabeticpaul

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone managed to link their apple watch to the Libre sensor? I contacted Abbott and they said it was possible to send notifications to the watch BUT they had only tested series 7 watch.
I have a series 8 watch and Apple said anything series 7 could do, would be possible with later models, however Abbott seem to confirm if I haven't got a 7, then that's the reason why the push notifications do not work....

Has anyone managed this as yet and provide any guidance on linking the two,

Thank you for the help,

Paul

Yeah I have my bg on my Apple Watch constantly. There’s no official app for it but plenty of unofficial ones. I use GluRoo, I’m sure I’ve posted on the forum somewhere so may come up in a search

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 12
I use Sweet Dreams. Like Gluroo it transmits readings via LibreLinkup - you have to set yourself up as your own follower. Nice clear app, developers constantly improving and very ready to answer questions/deal with problems. Using X-large watchface (I have Apple Watch SE) at last I have readings I can see at night without glasses!

Sorry one more Q - do you still need to have your phone near in order to have the readings on the watch? I want to go for a run without the phone and rely solely on the watch as a stand alone. I have bought the cellular model in case,
Many Thanks
Paul

Sorry one more Q - do you still need to have your phone near in order to have the readings on the watch? I want to go for a run without the phone and rely solely on the watch as a stand alone. I have bought the cellular model in case,
Many Thanks
Paul
Afraid so, yes. Librelink needs to be close to your sensor

Hi JJay, when you say close - do you know what the range is? Thanks -
Basically, "it all depends"! Bluetooth signal can vary so much according to conditions. I can say that in my (fairly modest) detached house, the signal is fine in the same room, but can sometimes fail if I'm in the living room (front) and I've left my phone in the kitchen (back). If I'm upstairs and I've left the phone downstairs, I often get signal loss. It can also depend how many other devices you have using Bluetooth at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back