Lilly Humapen Savvio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Massey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Have Lilly stopped making Humapen Savvio? It was a rubbish pen (for me) but I wonder if there is a replacement as they are no longer available through UK chemists…..

Have Lilly stopped making Humapen Savvio? It was a rubbish pen (for me) but I wonder if there is a replacement as they are no longer available through UK chemists…..

I got one on prescription a few months ago (and yes, it’s rubbish compared to the Luxura). I actually emailed Lilly to ask why they’d stopped doing a half unit pen and they made no mention of stopping the Savvio. That’s strange. Looking on the positive side, I hope it means they’re bringing back the Luxura.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties getting a decent pen for Lily insulins @Andy Massey

Back in the day I switched to Humalog because it could be used with the Memoir pen (the only pen at the time that had a dose memory display).

Then came the replacement pen caps… and now the Novopen Echo and all that.

Still bugs me that insulin manufacturers aren’t obliged to all use the same shape of cartridges, so that any brand of reusable pen could be used with any insulin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back