Lila (Kate Moss’s daughter) proudly displays her Omnipod : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was also reported by the Independent FB page. I was astonished by the number of comments on the lines of "that's not a pump, it's a CGM"!!

Looks very like my Omnipod shown here with a Humalog vial for scale.
I'd show it on my leg but it is nowhere near as elegant 😱

omni.jpg

Anyone up for a pumper calendar! All proceeds go to diabetes uk obviously.

Have now learned a) Kaye Moss has a daughter b) who has T1 diabetes and c) has followed literally in mum's footsteps and finally d) not afraid to have her Pod on show - and why not indeed when the body it's attached to is a nice sight?

Good for Lila!

I think the only surprise for me is that a designer hasn't blinged it up to match her outfit. Although I didn't know she was Type 1, I did know she was also a model. I do think it is really helpful for high profile figures to be open about it as it generates positive media coverage and better acceptance for young people particularly, who may perhaps be body conscious with respect to their pump or Flash GM/CGM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only surprise for me is that a designer hasn't blinged it up to match her outfit. Although I didn't know she was Type 1, I did know she was also a model. I do think it is really helpful for high profile figures to be open about it as it generates positive media coverage and better acceptance for young people particularly, who may perhaps be body conscious with respect to their pump or Flash GM/CGM.

Great point about young people, sends out positive message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back