Life insurance

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good morning, it’s been a while since I last posted on here. I hope everyone’s well?

I’m looking for some advice today on life insurance and being type 2 diabetic. I had quite a rough year so far and lost both of my parents in the last 6 months 8 weeks apart. It’s made me think about my future and protecting my family when anything happens to me. I’m trying to buy life insurance but because I’m putting in that I’m type 2, it was also mentioned to me a couple of years ago my blood pressure was a bit high at one appointment but after monitoring it for a week it was fine and having been signed off work with stress recently I’m having to go for a medical. My last HbA1c was in 2023 and was 32, I think I went to my review last year but again had quite a hectic year with a poorly relative so can’t actually remember. I do have an email from my nurse saying my last and only raised HbA1c was in 2019.

Im wondering if there’s a company that deals with people specially who have type 2 diabetes?

Lovely to see you again @bakebeans

Sincere condolences for the loss of both parents in such a short space of time - that must be devastating. Hardly surprising that some other things have had to take a bit of a back seat, and you’ve needed time off to cope with the stress of it.

There was another thread very recently in the newbies section which also asked about Life Insurance, which has a couple of links that may help?

Back