Life insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowlandtype1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can anyone direct me to a company who will cover type 1 diabetes please .

Good life cover , one where you don't have to die for them to pay out

Hello @Rowlandtype1,

Hope you are well and apologise for the late reply. I've included a link below:

Sorry Josh - BIBA are the organisation who ONLY represent general insurance brokers - not an organisation which arranges insurance for anyone else! Plus @Rowlandtype1 - that's exactly why 'Whole Life' cover (ie pays up when the assured pops their clogs, is actually called ASSURANCE, not insurance. The person has to die, before the cover coughs up, kinda a bit like car insurance - Oh yes we must have it to drive on the roads legally so we pay the premium every year - BUT it never ever pays out a penny piece unless we have an accident. The companies underwriting life cover, are governed by law within the Financial Services legislation, which all companies are anyway, but the companies underwriting general insurance not quite as directly.

If you are looking for 'Endowment' cover where you pay regular premiums monthly or annually for say 25 years and the company invests these wherever then at the end of the period undertakes to pay out the premiums you gave them plus a bit - or hopefully a lot! - then you can easily understand why there is such a distinction.

I personally do not hold any 'life' cover and could not in any event recommend where anyone else might obtain good advice since I am not legally qualified to do so or to ask you what all a persons financial circumstances are, which when choosing life cover, all these things need to be taken into account.

I suspect that what you are looking for is a combined "life and critical illness" cover @Rowlandtype1 , which pays out (usually a smaller amount) if a change to health means you have to give up work early unexpectedly? Are there any guides on the money saving expert website which may help?

I suspect that although you may find a policy which will still cover you for unrelated illnesses (probably at a higher price than if you weren't type 1) you will struggle to find one that would include your diabetes (or anything related to it) as a condition they would cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back