Life Insurance Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmarie30

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,🙂
i am a 32 year old female and just looking for other peoples experience.
In short I've been a type one diabetic for 22 years, current HBA1C is 54mmol, coeliac for 18 years, have had to have laser treatment in my eyes, i had a small heart operation when i was 6 weeks old (no further issues) and in the last 5 years i've had thoughts that have led me to be on anti-depressants for a few years. (i'm off these now)
However, myself and my partner are in the process of buying a house and would love to get life insurance and critical illness cover but where have other people gotten insured from?
I've been turned down from Legal & General, Royal London, Zurich, i've tried multiple comparison sites and i don't know who else to turn to.
Does anybody else out there have life insurance, that has type one diabetes (at the very least) that can offer me suggestions on who they are insured with?
Thank you in advance!
Chels

Sorry you are having such a difficult time getting insurance cover.

I did have life cover arranged by an IFA when I first took out a mortgage (many years ago), which involved having a medical, and was with Norwich Union (now Aviva). I doubt it’s anything that is still offered though, unfortunately.

There are a few pointers about insurance for people with diabetes here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back