Life for a child - don't complain about your trip to the pharmacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I came across this website about an organisation helping children in developing countries to live with their diabetes. One girl has a 6 hour trek down a mountain, several hours on a bus to Kathmandu to get her insulin, returns and buries it to keep it cool as her home has no electricity for refrigeration. Makes my journies to the local pharmacy up the road trivial in the extreme. I am humbled and will whinge no more.

Watch the video clips - the movie trailer and the media session (get a cup of tea, the media session is about 40 mins!). Brought me to tears, I'm not ashamed to say.

http://www.lifeforachild.idf.org/

I feel guitly for moaning now...... puts things into perspective dont it.

thanks

Makes my short walk to the pharmacy look a a bit silly. Also makes journeys to work with only a little snow look a bit silly too.

Amazing that she was ever diagnosed in the first place, assume with Red Crooss aid or something? Must be so many millions around the world who aren't as lucky as we are - the next time I feel down I'll try to remeber her. As you say Northener - humbled indeed

I came across this website about an organisation helping children in developing countries to live with their diabetes.

It makes me think how lucky I am to be here. Thought provoking stuff Northerner.

Absolutely. Thanks for sharing that, it does put everything into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back