Life beyond ravagesof Type-1 diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Nineteen-year-old T. Maniharika from Vijayawada has pledged war against diabetes. Diagnosed as type-1 diabetic at the age of nine, Maniharika is now in her second year of MBBS. ?It was diabetes that inspired me to become a doctor,? the teenager said, eliciting applause from her young audience, all of who has type-1 diabetes.

Maniharika?s short speech at a programme organised to launch ?Young Warriors Against Diabetes? Programme resonated with the around 300 children in the room, all of them diabetes patients. ?When I was diagnosed, my family was devastated in my town, nobody understood how a young child could get diabetes,? Maniharika recalled. Over the years, she educated herself and now manages her condition, said the youngster who is enrolled with M.V. Hospital for Diabetes, Royapuram. ?Go after your dreams, we are different but not less. Every day is a challenge, to reach and control blood sugar,? she said

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/life-beyond-ravagesof-type1-diabetes/article4130931.ece

LOL

I love the flowery language in Indian newspapers - terribly 'Days of the Raj' - so earnest.

Even the reporting of football matches get the same treatment. Great fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back