LibreLink - slow logbook

RobP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone

Is anyone else finding the logbook on LibreLink is painfully slow to access? This has been happening for a couple of months now.

Just incase it matters, I have a Google Pixel 6 running Android 14, this happens when I'm on WiFi or 3 / 4 / 5G.

Thanks

No it’s fine for me. Do you need the logbook? Most people rarely use it now.

Tried restarting your phone?

Hi Everyone

Is anyone else finding the logbook on LibreLink is painfully slow to access? This has been happening for a couple of months now.

Just incase it matters, I have a Google Pixel 6 running Android 14, this happens when I'm on WiFi or 3 / 4 / 5G.

Thanks
I have the same problem. Use the logbook all the time as newly diagnosed so the DSN can see what I'm doing.

Hi Everyone

Thanks
Hi,
Yes I find the same thing. But mostly I don’t bother with it.
I also find that the signal drops out even when my phone is sat beside me, and the lost signal alarm often doesn’t go off! But that aside the difference having the sensor has made is huge.

Please don’t ask what my phone/system is

No it’s fine for me. Do you need the logbook? Most people rarely use it now.

Tried restarting your phone?
Don't you use the logbook to record food amounts and times against glucose readings and insulin injections?

What about driving - isn't it a legal requirement to check (and record) glucose levels before driving if you are insulin dependent?

Hello, I’m still using Android 12 with no loading issue on the logbook. I get the blue parsing circle for half a second & it loads. Once loaded it’s instant scrolling through the history. Could it be some Android 14 “thing?”

Don't you use the logbook to record food amounts and times against glucose readings and insulin injections?

What about driving - isn't it a legal requirement to check (and record) glucose levels before driving if you are insulin dependent?
I don’t need to record food amounts and times

I don’t need to record bg in the logbook for driving. Libreview proves I looked at the bg.

I carry my BG meter whilst driving. The memory on that is sufficient proof I follow the DVLA guidelines. It’s an instant “producer” if asked. Libreview access could be a problem stopped in an area with no data signal.
I can appreciate @RobP I Bluetooth my insulin dosage to the librelink app which helps regarding jogging my memory on how much bolus is onboard and how long ago I took it. (As opposed to squinting at the timer on the end of my pen.) we all have our individuality, when it comes to managing diabetes.

Libreview access could be a problem stopped in an area with no data signal.
The guidelines only cover testing (or looking at libre bg) before driving. The guidelines don’t say “you must be able to produce evidence at the roadside to prove you looked at libre before setting off”. And your libre trace would prove your bg was fine anyway. Libre view is fine, if needed you can show the evidence later. Of course you must carry bg meter too as per guidelines.

The guidelines only cover testing (or looking at libre bg) before driving. The guidelines don’t say “you must be able to produce evidence at the roadside to prove you looked at libre before setting off”. And your libre trace would prove your bg was fine anyway. Libre view is fine, if needed you can show the evidence later. Of course you must carry bg meter too as per guidelines.
I’m fully aware of the guidelines. In my driving experience I’ve also been pulled & notified of dodgy bulbs. Of course whilst I’m being notified with a “mind how you go,” they are also gauging if they caught a drunk driver or a stolen car? An astute copper might notice my restricted licence & know the “guidelines” with DVLA.
Do you drive?

Do you drive?
Yes, and I drive places with no signal regularly. I don’t add bgs to the logbook before driving, I can show my libre screen if asked or offer to travel to somewhere with signal to show libreview, or give them access to libreview to review themselves if required.

Hi Everyone

Thanks
Yes it's been slow probably ever since it first got to the 90 day mark. Yes I have restarted phone numerous times, it now takes over a minute to load every entry. I had to change phone settings so it didn't sleep before loading.
Also most sensors disconnect even while phone is in my hand.

Yes it's been slow probably ever since it first got to the 90 day mark. Yes I have restarted phone numerous times, it now takes over a minute to load every entry. I had to change phone settings so it didn't sleep before loading.
Also most sensors disconnect even while phone is in my hand.
I think this is most likely to be an issue with your phone than the app itself or the sensor although I think the Libre 2+ which is just coming out may provide a stronger BT signal. Is it an older phone that you have? Do you have other Bluetooth devices connected to it as that can interrupt the connection to Libre even if it is close to the sensor?
I found that when my phone battery was getting lower but not desperately low, it was more likely to lose connection.

I have gone back to using the reader to scan my sensor rather than my phone with the app with rt-CGM and I have improved my TIR by about 10% just simply because I find the reader so much more reliable. I have used the reader for a lot of years first with the original and then Libre 2 and it works really well for my lifestyle. I have swapped back and forth between the phone app and the reader a couple of times and my TIR is consistently higher (in the 90s) and I have a much higher degree of confidence in managing my diabetes using the reader as oppose to the app. Currently 96% TIR for the past 14 days. For the previous 3 months using the phone app I could not get above 87% and often below and far too much time in the red, partly I believe because the app was dropping connection through the night and not giving me advance warning of levels dropping and I am particularly prone to nocturnal hypos. I am very surprised at how much of a relief it is for me to go back to the reader and how much more confident I am with it and have in it. I don't even see scanning as inconvenient compared to the rt-CGM on the phone app.

Hi Everyone

Thanks
I frequently have issues where the logbook is unbelievably slow to load. I often like to check how much insulin I took when I ate the same meal last week to then see how my blood sugar behaved after that. Then I can think about, do I need to take more insulin this time or less?

So when the logbook doesn't load I get frustrated. I actually emailed Abbott about this last week because not only was the logbook slow but the app stopped telling me my blood sugar levels so I wasn't getting alerts if my levels went high.

I was advised to close the app on my Pixel 8 Pro, go to Apps then the LibreView app, clear the cache and restart the phone. I did this and after a few minutes the alerts came back. The logbook is still ridiculously slow.

If you check the LibreView settings in the App section how much storage and cache is it using? I think the slow logbook is because the app is trying to go through all the storage. I'm seeing 86.40 MB storage and 336KB cache. I think if the cache goes above a certain level my phone just doesn't show the alerts for my blood sugar.

Abbott support have previously suggested that I remove the app and then install it again to see if that helps with the slow logbook loading. Both quotes from email replies sent to me by Abbott UK support.
For Android:

Settings -> Apps.

Scroll to LibreLink.

Go to Storage.

Press on clear cache.

If the issue persists after performing the above steps, kindly reinstall the app. Please note that once the App is deleted, all data will be lost. However, this will still be retrieved from LibreView.
I then asked if I would need to use a new sensor and they said:
If you uninstall and reinstall the app , you will not have to start a new sensor ,you may continue using the current sensor. You just have to scan your sensor twice and it will continue giving you the readings as long as you use the same login credentials.

Please be aware if you do not have a libre-view account after the reinstallation all your previous data will be lost. However if you use a libre-view account you can easily find your previous data in libreview.
Hope this helps.

Marc

My food and insulin is all recorded in my pump, but when I was on MDI I did use the logbook.
Haven’t noticed any issues for me. Hope it’s improved for you

Hi Everyone

Thanks
Hi,

I have an Samsung M33 & Android 14 and I think it should be powerful enough. But I have similar problems. At the beginning I was starting the librelink everything looks fast and nice, but as longer the logbook is getting, as longer it takes to open it.

At first I was using the librelink on my previous smartphone (Samsung M21). After the librelink installation everything started fine but as longer the logbook got as longer it took. Afterwards I was reinstalling the librelink on my M33 without copying librelink data from the M21. Same game as before and at the end it took around 4-5 sec to open the logbook.

In between I have upgraded to Android 14 but the Logbook was not opening faster.

So, I thought there might be some hidden software incompatibility due to my Android upgrade. Nothing. Finally I got so fed up that I have removed librelink totally (including data) and was reinstalling it.

Again at the beginning the logbook was opening fast but as longer it got as longer it took. In between I am reaching 3-4 sec.

I guess that it is a principal librelink problem, maybe the data-structure/tree inside the librelink software is really not optimized at all.

PS: I am storing all carbs/insulin/short comments in the loogbook.

Ralf

Back