LibreLink sensor urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellesspe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all anyone know which pharmacies stock the sensors ? Mine has broken and cannot get a prescription in time as going abroad tomorrow !

Hi all anyone know which pharmacies stock the sensors ? Mine has broken and cannot get a prescription in time as going abroad tomorrow !
Do you take insulin?
Can you do finger pricking instead whilst you are away.
You may find one of the on-line pharmacies will deliver today.
You may have to phone round some of the pharmacies which are open on a Sunday.

Just fingerprick @Ellesspe As you don’t seem to be on any glucose lowering meds like insulin or Gliclazide, you’ll be fine. You don’t even need to fingerprick if you choose your food wisely.

I don't think any bricks & mortar stores sell them, only direct from Abbott or other online pharmacies. But I have seen posts from others saying they're available in pharmacies in France, so may be available where you're going.

Tesco pharmacies sometimes have them in stock but usually sell out quickly. Start ringing around now as you have less than two hours opening left.

I don't think any bricks & mortar stores sell them, only direct from Abbott or other online pharmacies. But I have seen posts from others saying they're available in pharmacies in France, so may be available where you're going.
I think you may have problems with incompatibility, from what I’ve read, if you buy a sensor abroad. You can’t use it with the U.K. app, and you can’t download a new App when you’re abroad on a phone registered in the U.K.
You might do it if you’ve got a phone that takes two SIM cards, if you buy a local sim when you’re abroad.

I think you may have problems with incompatibility, from what I’ve read, if you buy a sensor abroad. You can’t use it with the U.K. app, and you can’t download a new App when you’re abroad on a phone registered in the U.K.
You might do it if you’ve got a phone that takes two SIM cards, if you buy a local sim when you’re abroad.
Quite possibly. I wish I could remember who it was who spotted them in France. Hopefully they'll spot this thread.

Edit
It was @JamietDE6 who posted here. Said the French one's were OK but of course others may not be.

Probably best @Ellesspe sticks with finger pricking while away, as @Leadinglights said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back