• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Librelink App and Android phones

I'm having a problem with the librelink App on my Android phone, Samsung F20. Are there any threads discussing the app?
The problem is when I turn my phone to do not disturb overnight, the low and high glucose alarms on the app don't work. There's a workaround to give librelink permission to override the DND, but it doesn't work for me.

Ever since my phone updated to Android 13 I have lost the vibrations from touching my Novopen 6s to the back of the phone to do a NFC transfer of the data.
I have similar problems as you when trying to get the Low Alarm just to vibrate, and haven't managed to resolve this, even though Do Not Disturb is off.
I think the general impression is that the LibreLink app is fairly flaky [it's even worse on iOS than on Android} - even though the graphs in the online LibreView software are remarkably good. (Different analysts / programmers?!)

I don't think they have got the app quite right. When you override the permissions and allow the LibreLink app to show alerts they do work, but still show up with a red warning error on Samsungs. When you click on the "Manage Permissions" and then "Allow notifications" switched on, it should allow the alert to work. Mine shows the red warning on the home screen but definitely wakes me up if it goes below my set values. (Samsung S20, Android 13, One UI 5.1)

Unfortunately it doesn't work even if I allow librelink to override the DND in permissions. I also have concerns about how reliable libre is as a CGM system as when compared to finger prick tests it's usually wrong often by 2 points. So I can't really rely on it. I'm going back to dexcom G6. The app isn't as pretty but the cgm is a lot more reliable. Thanks for your thoughts BTW.

I also have concerns about how reliable libre is as a CGM system as when compared to finger prick tests it's usually wrong often by 2 points. So I can't really rely on it.
Are your issues with one Libre sensor or with multiple sensors? It could be one dodgy sensor. In which case, it should be reported to Abbott.
Have you taken into consideration the typical CGM limitations such as compression lows and insertion trauma?
If you decide to stick with Dexcom, have you considered the cheaper Dexcom One or the more recent Dexcom G7?
And would you be interested in using unofficial apps if you don’t like the Dexcom app (which I agree is rather limited).

On My iphone told not to update to ios 17. I havn't libre works fine. Frightened to update. Was gonna buy a samsung. Now i might stick to the devil you know.

This might somehow be of help? Had an issue yesterday after starting a new sensor. (Android 12.) After start up. It scanned OK but kept loosing the signal. In fact there was no BT. (The previous sensor was just starting to “drop” out as well.) yet the third party app I also use was doing its connection thing well?
After going into settings & messing with the pannel, (doing the “usual suspects.”) then apps, I discovered there was a new build (8.2.2024.) in the play store titled Freestyle librelink-GB. Must be a regional location thing? Haven’t noticed the “GB” tagg on the app name before. After taking a chance on the upload, it started picking up the sensor. (Didn’t even need to scan it.)
There was absolutly no flag up when opening librelink suggesting there had been this update a month ago.

If that's the LibreLink build which shows as 12.10.1.10406 it's the one which enabled BlueTooth as well as NFC data transfer from sensor to smartphone - I've had it for some months, and my phone is set to automatically update with new versions of LibreLink (I hope!).

Back