LibreLink 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridges

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I would be interested to know peoples experiences with "signal loss" Alarm notifications during the night which is of course a pain

Hi Bridges, never really had a problem with signal loss alarms, only happens really when I leave the phone in another room. I have them turned off anyway for that reason. Does it still happen when the phone is near the sensor, interference can block the sensor sending its signal to the phone.

Screenshot_20231212_192839.jpg

Thanks for your input Pete. My phone is only a short distance away from my sensor and it doesn't happen all the time. I had considered switching the alarm off at night but then I would not be aware of a Hypo. Having said that I guess it's no worse that someone who only finger pricks and won't know if they have had a hypo in the night as they would only finger prick in the morning after finger pricking before they went to bed

Understand the hypo worry, its difficult to know why the connection is lost but it really shouldnt if its near to the phone. Ive known in the past cordless phones interfere with bluetooth, if it only happens at night then it could be something in the bedroom.

As per @pistolpete's screenshot, you can turn off the connection alarm independently of the glucose levels, so you'd still get hypo warnings.
You'd be taking the risk of (perhaps) not getting them. (Which is the whole point of the signal loss alarm, of course.)

Having said that, my guess is that you're likely to get low and high alarms, just perhaps a few minutes later. Unless something's very wrong with the connection, which you'd likely notice anyway just by using the app to see readings.

I use a 3rd party app in conjunction with librelink. (Libre link alarms apart from signal loss are off.) the 3rd party app makes the sound on low.
What I have noticed, is if the sensor detects anything out of range when (on the rare occasion.) there has been a signal loss. It reconnects & sounds off. Usually a scan can fill in the gap.

You'd be taking the risk of (perhaps) not getting them.
Having a look at Abbot's site, the signal loss alarm apparently only sounds after 20 minutes of loss. So yes, if you were falling quickly that would be an issue, so something to get to the bottom of.

@Bridges
Is there actually a gap in the graph when the alarm goes off?
Is there any pattern to the signal loss?
Does it only happen at night?
If so, does it happen every night or a similar time after going to bed?
Is your phone on the compatible list?

Last edited:
Just catching up on all you helpful folks in no particular order as follows:-
* Sometimes there is a gap in the graph and other times not
* There is no pattern
* It doesn't always happen at night. Fortunately not too often. Other times when it happens during the day there is usually a legitimate reason
* My phone is on the compatible list as I have not yet upgraded to OS17
* There is a landline phone close by so that could be the culprit although I can go several night s without it going off
* A bit confused with the conflict between turning off the connection alarm independently of the glucose levels whilst still getting hypo warnings

Thanks again

* A bit confused with the conflict between turning off the connection alarm independently of the glucose levels whilst still getting hypo warnings
Not sure who else commented on this, but I was just saying that without the signal loss alarm you might lose the connection and then not get a low (or high) alarm.

I use the reader rather than my phone, but I have the loss of signal alarm turned off and find that the high and low alarms seem to have a better range than the loss of signal alarm does. It may be different for phones. I find the reader just so much more reliable than the phone app seems to be, but then the reader doesn't have full CGM capability and needs to be scanned. I tried the phone app with full CGM for a while but abandoned it and went back to my trusty reader.

but I have the loss of signal alarm turned off and find that the high and low alarms seem to have a better range than the loss of signal alarm does.
Doubt it.

I think there's exactly one kind of message: the sensor sends its current reading once a minute. The signal loss alarm is triggered by not receiving any messages in some period of time (someone said 20 minutes).

Whether a message triggers a low/high alarm or not depends entirely on the receiver (which interprets it according to configuration).

The reason I say that, is that when I leave my reader in the bedroom charging, the out of range symbol is displayed on the screen when I go back to it, but I still get low and high alarms in the next room where my PC is.

Possibly, but the fact of the matter is that I repeatedly get alarms from this situation and yet the signal loss symbol and no doubt the alarm would be going off if I didn't have it deactivated..... off to try it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back