Libre2 stopped working, what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwsnowleopard

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've been using Freestyle Libre successfully for a couple of months then a week ago, on the 12th day of the current sensor, it would no longer scan. I called Abbott and they sent me more sensors but couldn't offer any other advice. I changed the sensor - twice - but they both refused to initialise. I then changed my phone, loaded all new software and still nothing! Having changed everything in my power, that leaves two possibilities - a change in my body or an unannounced software change. I was enjoying having the extra information the Libre gave me but I'm reluctantly back to finger pricking.

Anyone had a similar problem, or any suggestions what to try next?

At least I got a phone upgrade out of it!

Not really. I'd suggest a problem with your phone, but you've covered that. Presuming you're using an Android phone, there was an update to LibreLink a few days ago and people have reported some problems with that so I'd guess that would be the leading candidate (since you've changed everything else).

(Your body might cause poor accuracy but I doubt very much it could cause the sensors not to start up.)

Not really. I'd suggest a problem with your phone, but you've covered that. Presuming you're using an Android phone, there was an update to LibreLink a few days ago and people have reported some problems with that so I'd guess that would be the leading candidate (since you've changed everything else).

(Your body might cause poor accuracy but I doubt very much it could cause the sensors not to start up.)
Thanks. That was exactly what I'd been speculating, good to have it confirmed!

Have had similar problems as well. My phone is compatible with the latest software but the alarms hardly seem to work properly. Every time I report a fault all they do is send a replacement sensor with no explanation why it keeps happening. Have been trying to switch to dexcom one but CCG are not helping much

Have had similar problems as well. My phone is compatible with the latest software but the alarms hardly seem to work properly. Every time I report a fault all they do is send a replacement sensor with no explanation why it keeps happening. Have been trying to switch to dexcom one but CCG are not helping much
I had error messages saying 'alarms not available' when I first started. This is the advice they gave:

Android:

*Go to Settings > About Phone.
*Tap Software Info > Build Number.
*Tap Build Number seven times. >> Enter your PIN/password.
*Go back to the Settings page, where you will now find Developer options as an entry.
*Developer options >> Show notification channel warnings>> turn it ON

After performing these steps, kindly reinstall the FreeStyle LibreLink application from the PlayStore.

Might be worth a try

I’ve given up on the alarms tbh - I’ve tweaked everything that’s tweakable, several times. And since the app update reported by @Pattidevans, I keep getting a random alarm and the order to “open the app” (it’s beeped about 8 times in the last 5 minutes)... I’m extremely ready to try something new LOL. The alarms were working just fine to begin with...fffleurggh.

I had error messages saying 'alarms not available' when I first started. This is the advice they gave:

Android:

*Go to Settings > About Phone.
*Tap Software Info > Build Number.
*Tap Build Number seven times. >> Enter your PIN/password.
*Go back to the Settings page, where you will now find Developer options as an entry.
*Developer options >> Show notification channel warnings>> turn it ON

After performing these steps, kindly reinstall the FreeStyle LibreLink application from the PlayStore.

Might be worth a try
Excellent piece of advice tried this earlier and worked a treat. Thanks

I've been using Freestyle Libre successfully for a couple of months then a week ago, on the 12th day of the current sensor, it would no longer scan. I called Abbott and they sent me more sensors but couldn't offer any other advice. I changed the sensor - twice - but they both refused to initialise. I then changed my phone, loaded all new software and still nothing! Having changed everything in my power, that leaves two possibilities - a change in my body or an unannounced software change. I was enjoying having the extra information the Libre gave me but I'm reluctantly back to finger pricking.

At least I got a phone upgrade out of it!
Hi. I had the same problem when the app was updated. After doing everything with the phone and a couple of calls to Abbott they admitted that there is a fault with the new update so it will take about a minute to scan. They are trying to resolve this ... apparently.

Hi. I had the same problem when the app was updated. After doing everything with the phone and a couple of calls to Abbott they admitted that there is a fault with the new update so it will take about a minute to scan. They are trying to resolve this ... apparently.
Thank you!!! I've been holding the phone against the sensor for up to 30 seconds then giving up. After reading your post I held it there for a full minute and eventually the sensor activated. What a valuable resource this forum is!

After working in software development for over 30 years, I'm aware of how such bugs can slip through the testing process. I expect there are some red faces in their IT department at present.

I really don't understand why Abbott are phasing out the reader when I see so many posts like this about people having issues with Libre after updates. It must be costing Abbott a fortune in unnecessary replacement sensors which are not of course the problem and all the extra environmental impact as well as bad customer experience and loss of confidence in the product. Really hoping I can get a Libre 2 reader for when I have to upgrade to Libre 2 at the end of the year.

I’ve given up on the alarms tbh - I’ve tweaked everything that’s tweakable, several times. And since the app update reported by @Pattidevans, I keep getting a random alarm and the order to “open the app” (it’s beeped about 8 times in the last 5 minutes)... I’m extremely ready to try something new LOL. The alarms were working just fine to begin with...fffleurggh.

So did you do update on app then to result in these issues Bloden, mine works fine but haven't done any updates lately so reluctant to do one came if one came available.

So did you do update on app then to result in these issues Bloden, mine works fine but haven't done any updates lately so reluctant to do one came if one came available.
No, I didn't update it myself. I thought apps updated themselves, in the background.
I'm starting work again soon and would really like to have alarms keeping me safe when I'm too busy to check. What I don't understand is how my phone is suddenly incompatible when it was clearly compatible to begin with. I'd buy the Libre 2 reader to get around the problem...if it was available. :confused:😛:rofl:

I'm glad to hear your alarms are working fine! 🙂:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back