libre2 sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve1122

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Does anyone stick a sticking plaster or something over their libre2 sensor to protect it and keep it stuck on the arm? I've just had one fail 2 days early, and when taking it off it clearly wasn't stuck so well on one side.

Yes, you can get bands to help them on or overpatches...when i was on libre i used a band with a plastic 'watch face' that keeps them on...you can get them on amazon or 'diabetes supplies' the latter being softer/comfier to wear.
Or a plaster will do it, but best not cover the central hole, so it can 'breathe'

Yes, you can get bands to help them on or overpatches...when i was on libre i used a band with a plastic 'watch face' that keeps them on...you can get them on amazon or 'diabetes supplies' the latter being softer/comfier to wear.
Or a plaster will do it, but best not cover the central hole, so it can 'breathe'
Thanks, I'll look for those...

I found I don't need a sticking plaster if I get the placement correct.
Firstly, the area needs to be clean and grease free. I clean the area with surgical spirit. Others use single use alcohol wipes.
Then, placement is on the back of my arm high up so I am not likely to knock it and on a flat part of my arm. Soudn obvious but the sensors do not bend,. If I placed it on a muscle which I may flex, the sensor will start to peel off. So, I don't place it on a "corner" on my arm.
Finally, awareness of the sensor. For me, it is most at risk when dressing as I catch it when I put my top on. Over time, I have got used to this and no longer knock it off.

That said, some people (like me) seem to have "limpet skin" - once the sensor is on, it takes a lot to move it - whereas otehr have sikier, smoother skin which things don't stick as well to.

That said, some people (like me) seem to have "limpet skin" - once the sensor is on, it takes a lot to move it - whereas otehr have sikier, smoother skin which things don't stick as well to.
I find they stick fine. But just now and again (like after a long bath) one'll start peeling off. I keep a few Tegaderms just in case (6x7cm) and use one of them.

I found I don't need a sticking plaster if I get the placement correct.
Firstly, the area needs to be clean and grease free. I clean the area with surgical spirit. Others use single use alcohol wipes.
Then, placement is on the back of my arm high up so I am not likely to knock it and on a flat part of my arm. Soudn obvious but the sensors do not bend,. If I placed it on a muscle which I may flex, the sensor will start to peel off. So, I don't place it on a "corner" on my arm.
Finally, awareness of the sensor. For me, it is most at risk when dressing as I catch it when I put my top on. Over time, I have got used to this and no longer knock it off.

Thanks. Maybe I need to place it better, then.

I find they stick fine. But just now and again (like after a long bath) one'll start peeling off. I keep a few Tegaderms just in case (6x7cm) and use one of them.
Ha, now I need to find out what a Tegderm is 🙂

Ha, now I need to find out what a Tegderm is 🙂
It's a brand name for a transparent film dressing by 3M. I buy a few from Amazon now and again but I think people have mentioned buying them from pharmacists.

So they're basically something sticky that's safe to use on skin (breathable I think), and won't be damaged too much by water. And transparent.

As others have mentioned, you can also buy things (of various kinds) specifically designed for Libre sensors.

I’ve had maybe 3 come unstuck slightly a couple of mms on the edge of the double sided tape, but between the sensor & tape. However used a “guardian band” to cover it just in case. Daily check. Has happened 11 or 12 days in? On occasions to date, securing till day 14. Worked as expected.

Thanks, everyone, I've ordered some plaster thingies from Amazon. I did that online form at Abbot and to my surprise they're sending me a replacement. There was only two days left on the faulty one. Maybe they took pity on me as I'm self funding. Fabulous customer service, just the same.

I've had good success with the Kovoq Libre 2 circular plasters holding a cover disc on, above the Libre 2 sensor.
Prior to applying a new sensor, I clean the relevant area of my arm with an isopropyl alcohol swab.
I also put the new sensor on "the other" arm a day before the old one expires, in the hope that the interval gives the new sensor enough time to settle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back