Libre2 App scanning problems iphone8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, my iphone8 is not scanning my sensor.
I have off loaded and re-loaded it.
I have deleted entirely and re-downloaded
I have spoken to customer service 5 times
Problem is not resolved

Anyone else having problems?

My phone stopped scanning Libre as well and I found out it’s the NFC but yours may be another issue.

Maybe try and see if Apple Pay works? This also uses NFC

Hi, my iphone8 is not scanning my sensor.
I have off loaded and re-loaded it.
I have deleted entirely and re-downloaded
I have spoken to customer service 5 times
Problem is not resolved

Anyone else having problems?
I've only ever used the libra scanner, which I've never had any issues with.

Ask Abbott customer services to send you a Libre 2 scanner because your phone is no longer working and therefore you cannot use their product. There have been one or two members here whose iphone NFC has broken and therefore they cannot scan their Libre. I think @counsellorneil was one of the first to report it and believed it was a system update which created the problem I believe.

The Libre sensor used Bluetooth to send the high/low/out of range alarms but NFC to scan the sensor, so if your phone is not scanning that may well be the problem. An Apple store should be able to test your phone's NFC if you don't use Apple Pay. If there is anyone else in your family who has a compatible phone, you could download LibreLink on to that and see if that works. That way you will know it is the phone and not the sensor. I personally find the Libre reader great to use and it has far less issues than the phone app but obviously it is another bit of kit to carry around with you. Much smaller than a phone though.

Reactions: MJH
Ask Abbott customer services to send you a Libre 2 scanner because your phone is no longer working and therefore you cannot use their product. There have been one or two members here whose iphone NFC has broken and therefore they cannot scan their Libre. I think @counsellorneil was one of the first to report it and believed it was a system update which created the problem I believe.

The Libre sensor used Bluetooth to send the high/low/out of range alarms but NFC to scan the sensor, so if your phone is not scanning that may well be the problem. An Apple store should be able to test your phone's NFC if you don't use Apple Pay. If there is anyone else in your family who has a compatible phone, you could download LibreLink on to that and see if that works. That way you will know it is the phone and not the sensor. I personally find the Libre reader great to use and it has far less issues than the phone app but obviously it is another bit of kit to carry around with you. Much smaller than a phone though.
Thanks for the useful response. I spoke to customer services for the 6th time and quoted your suggestion - they admitted a software update has caused a problem with some iphone 8 users. They are working on a fix but don't know if they can fix it nor when it might be fixed if they could fix it. A previous rep sent me the scanner to use , which works fine but as you know relies on user downloading the data to enable diabetes care team and GP to keep track; spot problems, provide advice - and yes, it's another piece of kit to keep charged and to carry around with you. One of their earlier operatives suggested I upgrade my perfectly working iphone 8 to at least an iphone 10 or 12 ! I said, if they sent me a cheque to cover the upgrade caused by their software failure, I would be please to upgrade my phone at their cost! 🙂

Thanks for the useful response. I spoke to customer services for the 6th time and quoted your suggestion - they admitted a software update has caused a problem with some iphone 8 users. They are working on a fix but don't know if they can fix it nor when it might be fixed if they could fix it. A previous rep sent me the scanner to use , which works fine but as you know relies on user downloading the data to enable diabetes care team and GP to keep track; spot problems, provide advice - and yes, it's another piece of kit to keep charged and to carry around with you. One of their earlier operatives suggested I upgrade my perfectly working iphone 8 to at least an iphone 10 or 12 ! I said, if they sent me a cheque to cover the upgrade caused by their software failure, I would be please to upgrade my phone at their cost! 🙂
The most important issue is surely that YOU have the use of the sensor, because it is ultimately for your benefit in day to day and night by night living. Yes, part of the agreement with the NHS supplying it is that the Consultant/DSNs have access to it (Don't kid yourself about a GP looking at it or making any reasonable conclusions from it because they simply do not know enough unless Type 1 themselves) or even the Consultant looking at it unless you have a problem and request advice. The reader is surely a short term reasonable solution until Abbott fix the problem. If push comes to shove, do you not have a friend or family member whose computer you could download it to for the consultant to access?
I accept that it is shocking that you are in this situation and that Abbott can't even offer a timeline for a fix, but the important thing is that you have a working means of accessing your levels.

Yes, part of the agreement with the NHS supplying it is that the Consultant/DSNs have access to it
Is it? I know it was the first time I got it on prescription but is it still the case?

(It surely makes sense to upload it to LibreView because LibreView provides useful analysis and remembers more than 3 months of data, and there's potential value in having your hospital team be able to look at it. And for analysts to be able to report on (anonymised) things (such as what proportion of people achieve >70% time in range and <4% low. I'm just not sure whether that's a condition any more.)

Is it? I know it was the first time I got it on prescription but is it still the case?

(It surely makes sense to upload it to LibreView because LibreView provides useful analysis and remembers more than 3 months of data, and there's potential value in having your hospital team be able to look at it. And for analysts to be able to report on (anonymised) things (such as what proportion of people achieve >70% time in range and <4% low. I'm just not sure whether that's a condition any more.)
I am going off what I signed up for I suppose but I guess people don't need to sign up to a contract with the NHS to get Libre now. At the end of the day, having a means of using sensors has to be better than fulfilling that criteria in the short term emergency situation. I only use the reader and I download it to Libre view periodically to ensure all my data is retained for the consultant to see if he wishes but for me, the reader provides all the information I need for day to day, week to week and month to month living. It is interesting/fascinating even, to look at the AGP reports but it doesn't really tell me anything particularly useful that I don't already know.

Hi my alarms don’t work on my iPhone 13 and Abbott sent me a reader which has been a lifesaver to me. I couldn’t manage without it now First reader was faulty though and kept saying signal loss error. Sent me another and has no issues. Good luck!

A previous rep sent me the scanner to use , which works fine but as you know relies on user downloading the data to enable diabetes care team and GP to keep track; spot problems, provide advice - and yes, it's another piece of kit to keep charged and to carry around with you.
No one will be looking at the data except during appointments, a GP would never look at it. Uploading the data once before an appointment doesn’t seem a major downside of the upside is using libre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back