1. Welcome to the Diabetes UK Forum
    Dismiss Notice

Libre

Discussion in 'General Messageboard' started by grovesy, Jun 7, 2019.

1. grovesy

grovesy Well-Known Member

Relationship to Diabetes:
    Type 2
    After waiting on Abbotts list for nearly 9 months, I have had the email offering me to order.So I have duly ordered.

2. Northerner

Northerner Admin (Retired)

Type 1
    Hurrah! At last! :) I hope that they work well for you :)

3. Ljc

Ljc Well-Known Member

Type 2
    At last. I hope they work as well for you as they do me.

4. grovesy

Type 2
    I hope so too!

Ljc likes this.
  5. everydayupsanddowns

everydayupsanddowns Moderator

Type 1
    Yay! Hope you find them a really useful part of your diabetes toolkit :)

6. grovesy

Type 2
    Went to apply my third sensor today, I could not get the 2 parts of the applicator to click together. I spoke to an agent who I had trouble getting to understand what was wrong, I don't think it was all his fault as I have a regional accent. I even asked to speak to someone else, which he declined. He agreed to replace. Came off the phone tried to apply the other I had and the same problem. This time I spoke to someone else who seemed to understand the problem, as going to replace, they now require both sending back. They appear have same expiry but differnt serial numbers.

7. Kaylz

Kaylz Well-Known Member

Type 1
    What are the expiry dates? Could just be a heads up to folk with the same dates in case they have the same problem xx

8. grovesy

Type 2
    31/05/2020.

Kaylz likes this.
  9. Kaylz

Kaylz Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Cheers hun, I'll take a note as I've just put a repeat in yesterday for my next 2

I did see someone else on Facebook mention they had the same problem as you actually but they didn't state an expiry date

My last 2 were fine dated 29/2/20 but I'll certainly keep an eye on the dates xx

10. grovesy

Type 2
    Thanks for that the guy I spoke to first spoke reasonable English but he did not seem to get what I was saying and I doubted he was even familiar with the Libre. The lady I spoke to later after the second one failed seemed to understand what the problem was. Initially they did not ask for the first sensor back, but following the second they are wanting them returned. I am going to have to send them the ripped box of the first one. The second I was careful not to rip the box.
    I was surprised as I found my first 2 sensors easy to assembly, and apply.

Kaylz likes this.
  11. Ya Sham

Ya Sham New Member

Type 2
    Hello,

Can I just ask what is Abbots? I am new to diabetes and would love some tips!

12. leonS

leonS Well-Known Member

Type 1
    You don't need to know, but Abbott is the manufacturer of blood glucose monitoring equipment. They make the "Libre" system which is what this thread is all about and hand held "finger prick" meters under the name "Freestyle". They have a phone helpline, which is often very good.

grovesy likes this.
  13. grovesy

Type 2
    I have a feeling the man I spoke to had difficulty understanding me , as some say i have strong accent despite not living in my area of birth for more than 40 years. The second person seemed to have less of problem understanding me.

14. leonS

leonS Well-Known Member

Type 1
    I was once told that the English are the only nation on earth that have difficulty understanding each other when they are all speaking the same language.

15. Bruce Stephens

Bruce Stephens Well-Known Member

Type 1
    I've just (after a couple of years of using the Libre) started watching some of the videos, and they're really good. The ones I'm viewing are those from ABCD (https://abcd.care/dtn/education). (In youtube, searching for ABCDiab worked. Turns out searching for "abcd" finds all kinds of videos.) I haven't looked at the FreeStyle Libre Academy, yet.

SB2015 and everydayupsanddowns like this.
  16. grovesy

Type 2
    They are good videos.

17. Kaylz

Kaylz Well-Known Member

Type 1
    well just received my next 2, 30/04/20 in new style boxes with the sticker about the update xx

18. grovesy

Type 2
    Hope they are trouble free, I am waiting delivery of my replacements.

Kaylz likes this.
  19. Kaylz

Kaylz Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Thanks hun me too lol, 9 days left on current one so will find out in just over a week, will possibly be later in changing it than usual though as got the dentist that morning for 3 teeth out :eek: hopefully your replacements arrive soon and are problem free! :D xx

20. grovesy

Type 2
    Thanks me too. They said 5 days.